Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The US government is cautioning Americans not to visit Jamaica ( level 2 warning)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
    You already call us third world. So you know we don't have enough resources for that.

America can easily ensure that majority of those guns don't leave their shores if they were serious about it.

Post that top then list for murder and see where majority of those countries are located.

I've never called Jamaica a third world country. You don't need resources, you need the balls to stand up on the world stage and say this, you need the balls to stand up to the corruption.

America job is to look after it's people, Jamaica's job is to look after it's people.

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron
      19570874Alaska does not look like Texas.
      Montana does not look like Louisiana
      Washington does not look like Florida

i could go on.

same accent? are your high?
      Some Americans, Canadians, and Europeans will risk being robbed than go to those lame same old same old places.

consider the topic of this thread, that might be a good thing.
      Our tourist arrivals have been increasing year after year. i guess the only tourist we don't get are scared p**ssies. Even racist Americans like here.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
        I've never called Jamaica a third world country. You don't need resources, you need the balls to stand up on the world stage and say this, you need the balls to stand up to the corruption.

America job is to look after it's people, Jamaica's job is to look after it's people.
        We say it all the time. When America says we should help them to prevent the flow of drugs into America we ask them to help stem the flow of guns from there to here.

Comment

Originally posted by JcLazyX210 View Post
          The US Department of State on Friday issued a level-two travel advisory for Jamaica, telling travelers to "exercise increased caution." There are four advisory levels, ranging from "exercise normal precautions" to "do not travel."

The advisory says that "violent crime, such as home invasions, armed robberies, and homicide is common" in Jamaica, as well as that "sexual assaults occur frequently, including at all-inclusive resorts."

Some 4.3 million tourists visited Jamaica in 2017, a record for the Caribbean island nation. But in recent months, reports of violent crime directed at tourists in Jamaica have surfaced.

In an investigation by the Detroit Free Press published in November, several women said that they were sexually assaulted at Sandals Resorts properties in Jamaica and that they were asked to not report them in exchange for free stays and other compensation.

Earlier this year, an elderly Canadian couple were found dead in their vacation home in Jamaica. They are thought to have been killed.

The State Department's advisory says to avoid Spanish Town, as well as certain neighborhoods of Kingston and Montego Bay where "violence and shootings occur regularly." It also says US government personnel are barred from driving outside some Kingston neighborhoods at night.

"Local police lack the resources to respond effectively to serious criminal incidents," it says.

According to United Nations data, the homicide rate in Jamaica ranks at 47 murders per 100,000 individuals, down from 61 in 2005. That's similar to the murder rates in Detroit and Baltimore, according to FBI data. Jamaica doesn't publish crime statistics on individual cities.

It was ranked as the No. 16 most dangerous city in the world this year, between Cape Town, South Africa, and San Salvador, El Salvador.

Canada has also advised citizens who visit Jamaica to "exercise a high degree of caution" because of violent crime. The UK has a similar advisory, though it says most visits to Jamaica are "trouble-free."
          Originally posted by Mighty_Windir View Post
          Is it as bad as this states siablo14?

Things here aren't so sweet neither
          Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
          Not surprised, Siablo insinuated that he wanted me to come to Jamaica so that he could murder me, unfortunately there seems to be many who are cut from that same cloth as him there.
          Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
          I just came back from there and we had a GREAT time.

I was recommending it to everyone i talk to.

What a shame.
          Jamaica is a sovereign country, it is ultimately responsible for the state of it's country and it's people.

All these countries have governments and armies. If you want things done, you have to do them yourself.
          Originally posted by John Barron View Post
          Alaska does not look like Texas.
          Montana does not look like Louisiana
          Washington does not look like Florida

i could go on.

same accent? are your high?

consider the topic of this thread, that might be a good thing.
          All of us in Central and Latin America regions are suferring from gun violence because of America's lax gun policies hence the reason i am for stronger gun controls in America.

Comment

We say it all the time. When America says we should help them to prevent the flow of drugs into America we ask them to help stem the flow of guns from there to here.

You don't ask, you demand and do
            You claim Central America and the Caribbean islands all suffer the same, yet are they pooling their resources and bargaining power.

America can help with this issue, but it is Jamaica's responsibility to do so.

The islands that are under the control of France, The Netherlands and the UK such as Aruba, Cayman Islands and Martinique have much lower murder rates

Comment

Some Americans, Canadians, and Europeans will risk being robbed than go to those lame same old same old places.

Our tourist arrivals have been increasing year after year. i guess the only tourist we don't get are scared p**ssies. Even racist Americans like here.
              if Jamaica wasn't cheap as dirt, nobody would be going.

Jamaica is dominated by 1 ethnic group and you can probably drive across the island in half a day so idk why you're talking like your **** is more diverse and interesting than the US. what you guys got besides dirty beaches and stinky weed anyway?

Comment

You don't ask, you demand and do
                You claim Central America and the Caribbean islands all suffer the same, yet are they pooling their resources and bargaining power.

America can help with this issue, but it is Jamaica's responsibility to do so.

The islands that are under the control of France, The Netherlands and the UK such as Aruba, Cayman Islands and Martinique have much lower murder rates
                While little a$$ US Virgin islands is at number 2 on the list. The American culture is detrimental.

So why are Aruba, Martinique, and Cayman(UK) peaceful territories compared to US Vi?

We see how difficult it is to get gun control in America, why you think Jamaica can force Americans to change their ways when not even Americans can get them to care?

Comment

Originally posted by John Barron View Post
                  if Jamaica wasn't cheap as dirt, nobody would be going.

Jamaica is dominated by 1 ethnic group and you can probably drive across the island in half a day so idk why you're talking like your **** is more diverse and interesting than the US. what you guys got besides dirty beaches and stinky weed anyway?
                  That drive across the country will have you amazed and experiencing a bunch of delicious foods and fruits. Our culture is way more thrilling than those places in America and our people are way more warm and friendly.

Come visit, like i said even racist Americans love here so you will too. if you don't believe me just ask JimRaynor.

Comment

While little a$$ US Virgin islands is at number 2 on the list. The American culture is detrimental.

So why are Aruba, Martinique, and Cayman(UK) peaceful territories compared to US Vi?

We see how difficult it is to get gun control in America, why you think Jamaica can force Americans to change their ways when not even Americans can get them to care?
                    Because the Constitution does not apply to Jamaica.

It' an Island so things get through by boats. You don't control your borders, you don't have custom control?

And gun is only one issue, many countries have gun and don't have a murder rate than high?

Cuba has a low murder rate too, but it has the balls to stand up for itself

Comment

That drive across the country will have you amazed and experiencing a bunch of delicious foods and fruits. Our culture is way more thrilling than those places in America and our people are way more warm and friendly.

Come visit, like i said even racist Americans love here so you will too. if you don't believe me just ask JimRaynor.
                      Alaska is more my climate than Jamaica. i'm willing to risk getting mauled by a bear than getting robbed by a pack of malnourished Jamaicans. your boy ain't no pussie.

Comment

Working...
                      X