No announcement yet.

Breakdown of fantasy fight between Terence Crawford and Floyd Mayweather at 140

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
    Now crawford annihilate floyd even with IV. But a prime floyd would be a 50-50 fight.
    I don't mean to come off as being bias but how would.this be a 50/50 fight. Crawford hasn't fought anyone to make me think that it would be 50/50.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Floyd at 140 was the very peak of his powers. An offensive dynamo and a defensive wizard with power in both hands, speed of hand and food, and an incredibly high boxing IQ.
      where was his defensive wizardy against corley? kept getting caught clean and was wobbled several times. also power in both hands...hmm kept hitting gatti and couldnt budge him cept for the knockdown he scored after the ref said stop punching(how was that legal?) had to get a corner stoppage sicne he had no power. same thing with unheralded bruseles. put down corley a couple times but that was a barnburner type fight where both guys were hurt multiple times.

since his sample size is so small i dont see how you can say he was a defensive wizard. fought 2 mid level guys and one hit him just fine and the other was gatti....power was clearly not there as he wasnt able to put away guys when hitting them cleanly over and over. the overrating continues

Comment

Its a good fight though. Floyd was ko'ing guys at 135. Crawford doesent have great defense but he has a really good chin. Crawford has great ko power.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          I don't mean to come off as being bias but how would.this be a 50/50 fight. Crawford hasn't fought anyone to make me think that it would be 50/50.
          you want him to fight a bunch of old guys liek flyod did to prove his greatness? what guys like crawford has floyd ever fought? oh yea none. crawford has dismantled guys like diaz so ill take his experience against somewhat similar styles. floyd was easily outboxed by judah before he faded and crawford is a lot taller and longer than judah. oh yeah and 10 times smarter. crawford can also fight southpaw great and floyd always has trouble dodging that left. look what happened at 140 against corley. he couldnt outslick corley so he went to war and he won that war but he tries that against crawford he goes to sleep. its a fight he would never ever take so that right there makes me give the edge to crawford. more confidence

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            where was his defensive wizardy against corley? kept getting caught clean and was wobbled several times. also power in both hands...hmm kept hitting gatti and couldnt budge him cept for the knockdown he scored after the ref said stop punching(how was that legal?) had to get a corner stoppage sicne he had no power. same thing with unheralded bruseles. put down corley a couple times but that was a barnburner type fight where both guys were hurt multiple times.

since his sample size is so small i dont see how you can say he was a defensive wizard. fought 2 mid level guys and one hit him just fine and the other was gatti....power was clearly not there as he wasnt able to put away guys when hitting them cleanly over and over. the overrating continues
            Pernell was getting caught buy Oscar. Is he not a defensive wizard? What about Wilfred against Hearns and Leonard?

Comment

Originally posted by RamBoVee View Post
              Its a good fight though. Floyd was ko'ing guys at 135. Crawford doesent have great defense but he has a really good chin. Crawford has great ko power.
              His chin is suspect he got wbbled by Gamboa and Diaz touched him early and hurt him a little.

Comment

Gamboa hits pretty hard. Not so sure about Diaz

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  you want him to fight a bunch of old guys liek flyod did to prove his greatness? what guys like crawford has floyd ever fought? oh yea none. crawford has dismantled guys like diaz so ill take his experience against somewhat similar styles. floyd was easily outboxed by judah before he faded and crawford is a lot taller and longer than judah. oh yeah and 10 times smarter. crawford can also fight southpaw great and floyd always has trouble dodging that left. look what happened at 140 against corley. he couldnt outslick corley so he went to war and he won that war but he tries that against crawford he goes to sleep. its a fight he would never ever take so that right there makes me give the edge to crawford. more confidence
                  Crawford hasn't fought anyone close to what Floyd had to fight at those lower weight classes. Place Crawford back in that era there is no guarantee that he defeats those guys. I know you are a Floyd hater and you feel he is a cherry picker(which cam be argued) but even a blind man can see that Floyd is head and shoulders above Crawford. And I don't remember zab out boxing Floyd. Floyd won that fight 8-4

Comment

Working...
                  X