Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Khan comes back and beats thurman, will you give him full respect?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would literally be shocked. Khan's been gone what...2 years after being brutally KO'd. This would actually make a lot of sense for a Thurman comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
      That one time stuff is overrated, especially since he's been fighting better fighters...i still like keith to get khan outta there though.
      Awww definitely, but you notice no one really give him to much credit as boxer... but like you said he hasn't really shown much power much since he stepped up, still a solid puncher but like you said not really the "one time" he's made out to be... even if he couldn't put khan away( I think he does) I could still see him walkin away with a ud... it would be like canelo where he wasnt as quick as khan but he was timing him

Comment

Originally posted by Scary_canary View Post
        Awww definitely, but you notice no one really give him to much credit as boxer... but like you said he hasn't really shown much power much since he stepped up, still a solid puncher but like you said not really the "one time" he's made out to be... even if he couldn't put khan away( I think he does) I could still see him walkin away with a ud... it would be like canelo where he wasnt as quick as khan but he was timing him
        Khan's chin is horrendous. I'd probably be more surprised if No Smoke DIDN'T stop him.

As for No Smoke himself, you are right, he's underrated as a boxer. Coming up, he was more interested in impressing, hence the ko's. As his competition level has increased, he's realized just winning is the best way to maximize his earning potential, so he'll take the knockout if it comes, but he's also not going to force it.

The power is still there, I just think he's comfortable winning on points also.

Comment

Yeah. I would also give myself mad respect if I beat Thurman, or did any miraculous thing. Khan has the same odds.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
            if kief comes in fresh from the Nepalese mountains high from hash smoking and busy learning new tunes to play on his flute i could see amir beating the 'bird whisperer' in this one!

Idk whats better, the fact that Thurman is a zen, flute playing mellow dude outside the ring, the fact that they made an edit of him playing the flute with the future mask off song playing instead sometime last year I think, or that they show a montage of him savagely beating a heavybag while trying to show a cooler side of Thurman. Either way, I got Thurman by 9th round or later stoppage and for the record, Khan has and always will have my boxing respect for going up to fighting canelo at caneloweight and even beating him for a few rounds at that. Same with Brook. Not the smartest move but courageous I guess.

Comment

Prime Khan would've had a damn good chance. In fact a prime Khan may even be favored.

But today? He's got like a 20% chance. Or less.

Comment

if khan beats thurman he becomes top dog at 147 cuz keith is the man to beat. . khan can outbox anybody its just that after a few rounds he begins getting careless throwing too many punches while in range to get countered and then boom.. nap time 😴

if u ask me khan needs to get away from virgil hunter cuz i haven't seen anything added, improved or fixed. time for a new voice. i think a good trainer for khan is robert garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
                  it's not as clear cut as you make it man......khan held his own in those fights......
                  LOL!!
                  I'll give you credit Viper, you've got tenacity & endurance.

You must love you some Amir though ......... can't figure out why.

.... bottom line is like I said, his last good win against a quality opponent was Zab Judah in 2011, and Zab was long in the tooth then. Since then Khan has beat bums & got his azz spanked by anybody good.

Stick a fork in him cause he's done.

Comment

He will gain my respect if he does.

Now let’s see what news Khan brings us in 10 days, or is it 9 now?

Comment

Of course he would get all the credit, but Khan isn't beating anybody half decent let alone the top guy at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X