Real Conversations: There are only 2 genders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    I don't select M or F.

I cross them both out and write CN as my gender. We're too manly to be categorized with the average male, it's scientifically inaccurate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        I often avoid arguments about this particular topic as I find that too often in conversations of this type, things boil down to a semantics debate.

One side says "biological sex has two classifications, while gender refers to an identity that may or may not align with that or may differ from a traditional identity and as such there may be any number of them" and the other says "gender = sex, so by definition it follows that there are two genders". That is a pointless debate because now they are really just arguing about what the word means.

Anyway, I can respect the 'change my mind' approach to opening the floor to discussion
        Ugh arguing semantic and philosophy is incredibly irritating because those guys are never truly “change my mind” it’s always “change yours”. Plus the ambiguity of it allows them never to take a back step.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
            Ugh arguing semantic and philosophy is incredibly irritating because those guys are never truly “change my mind” it’s always “change yours”. Plus the ambiguity of it allows them never to take a back step.
            it's more than semantics, look at what's happening in Canada with bill C-16

Comment

Working...
            X