Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is PED use in boxing universally accepted - just don't talk about it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If people don't think that every single guy at the top level isn't a suspect, then they're living in a fairy tale fantasy land.

Now of course I'm not saying that literally EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER at the top level is doping -- but every single one is damn sure a possible suspect.

There's literally MILLIONS of dollars at stake at the top level. And you best believe that every single fighter at the top level is wondering if the guy in the other corner is doping. And again, I can't stress it enough, literally millions of dollars are on the line. That's what separates the top level A side guys from the B side guys. And all it takes is a loss or two to turn an A side guy into a B side guy.

You don't think these dudes at the top would be willing to consider it if they are 99.9% sure they won't get caught? Or that the sport of boxing won't sweep some **** under the rug in order to keep one of their box office PPV events going?

You'd have to be a complete fool to think that your favorite fighter is a lock to be clean. Everybody's a damn suspect at the top level.

Comment

It happens and it's frowned upon, we still have guys like Shannon Briggs who failed one recently and held his hands up, but we also had someone like Povetkin who failed twice and tonnes of excuses came out regarding the amount of his heart pills that was found in his blood. All the testing agencies are the same, their whole purpose is to make boxers fight clean without any help. And you would hope their reputation is on the line if and when they caught anyone cheating.

Comment

4:50

"Let's put it this way...I think a very high percentage of modern athletes are cheating...and I think a very high percentage of older athletes (fighters) were cheating at different weights...including some of the people who accuse others of cheating."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          If people don't think that every single guy at the top level isn't a suspect, then they're living in a fairy tale fantasy land.

Now of course I'm not saying that literally EVERY SINGLE FIGHTER at the top level is doping -- but every single one is damn sure a possible suspect.

There's literally MILLIONS of dollars at stake at the top level. And you best believe that every single fighter at the top level is wondering if the guy in the other corner is doping. And again, I can't stress it enough, literally millions of dollars are on the line. That's what separates the top level A side guys from the B side guys. And all it takes is a loss or two to turn an A side guy into a B side guy.

You don't think these dudes at the top would be willing to consider it if they are 99.9% sure they won't get caught? Or that the sport of boxing won't sweep some **** under the rug in order to keep one of their box office PPV events going?

You'd have to be a complete fool to think that your favorite fighter is a lock to be clean. Everybody's a damn suspect at the top level.

^^^^^ this right here

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            USADA tests UFC fighters, the same agency Mayweather has used since 2009.
            USADA are the organisation that doesn't release test results to state athletic bodies without permission of clients?

Comment

Working...
            X