• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd ruined daggum's life

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Floyd ruined daggum's life
      not true. ward did.

im just trying to find out how you can become the best of your era by not fighting? would leonard be the best of his era if he didn't fight hearns, duran, benitez, and hagler. would ali if he didnt fight liston, foreman, and frazier? if they stayed undefeated i guess so. what high standards.

Comment

This is getting pretty sad if y'all are for real scary even

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          how can floyd be the best fighter of his era if he never fought the other best guys in his era? well until they were over the hill that is but in their primes i mean. it makes no sense. there is just no high quality substance to that resume. lots of solid wins but he didnt prove he was the best. he had the chance against cotto, marg and pac and he didnt want to make the fights and hes the best? pacs resume is much better than his so how can floyd be better? he beat him head to head? well are floyd and jeff horn co best of the eras? is this now the jeff horn era?
          I just call it as I see it. I look at performances in the matches that actually happened, and judge as best I can.

Floyd is the best since RJJ, and Loma is the best since Floyd - although Loma has the chance to surpass them with the rest of his career.

I didn't like Floyd, and still don't. That doesn't mean I'm looking for excuses to diminish his ability.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
            Ok so what prime fighters has he beat? Jason Sosa and Nicholas Walters lmaoo. You’re hanging your hat on a prime Nicholas Walters? Like I said the bar is extremely low
            for Loma
            You made the argument which is a very stupid one. Rigo was 37 so he’s definitely not prime lol. You have no argument. He’ll never be nowhere near Floyd. Only thing he has is his amateur career that no1 gives a dàmn about. A retired Floyd is still 100x more popular than Lomachenco. He’ll be lucky to even be mentioned amongst Floyd. He can’t be on track to surpass it if he already has one loss to a guy with almost 15 losses lmaoo. Think before you speak son.
            the only way to tell is to see where they are at the same number of fights, floyd took 18 fights to win his first division WT, it was his 28th fight that he won his 2nd division WT, he fought reggie sanders in his second fight with a record of 1-1-0. lomachenko won his first division WT in his 3rd fight, he won his 2nd division WT in his 8th fight, he fought orlando salido in his 2nd fight with a record of 44-14-4 and has won multiple WTs. thats the evidence we can judge on at the moment

Comment

Might upset some posters but however good Floyd was a pro, he got found out in the amateurs and wasnt good enough to win a medal whereas lomachenko was near on invincible, 396-1.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Might upset some posters but however good Floyd was a pro, he got found out in the amateurs and wasnt good enough to win a medal whereas lomachenko was near on invincible, 396-1.
                Well amateurs is cool and all, but I think most people put a much heavier emphasis on pro success. I know I do.

What is funny though, is how the haters can't even leave it at that - they try to say that Loma's amateur record is fake.

Of course, watching a guy turn pro, win multiple belts within his first ten fights and enter the top 10 P4P lists, and be Ring magazine fighter of the year all so quickly does nothing to suggest that his amateur record is inaccurate.

A lot of people want to hate on Loma, or discredit him. It is like Loma's excellence is a threat to their personal favourite boxers, or the reputation of legacy of their favourite boxers, so they feel a need to tear Loma down.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                  Apart from the fact that he did win a medal even after blatantly getting robbed.

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather at 29 y.o.:
                    record 37-0-0
                    4 division champion, 5 belts
                    3 PPV fights
                    highest purse - 8 million (vs Baldomir)
                    Ring Magazine P4P #1 (at 28 y.o)
                    The Ring Magazine Titles - World Lightweight Title (2002-2004), World Welterweight Title (2006-)
                    The Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year (1998, 2007)

Lomachenko at 29 y.o:
                    record 10-1-0
                    2 division champion 2 belts
                    0 PPV fights
                    highest purse - 1.2 million
                    Ring Magazine P4P #3 (at 29 y.o)
                    The Ring Magazine Titles - 0
                    The Ring Magazine Fighter of the Year (2017)

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Apart from the fact that he did win a medal even after blatantly getting robbed.

Stop embarrassing yourself.
                      Meant to put gold, messaging off of phone. Floyd didnt do enough to clearly win the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X