Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: 50-50 or NO Joshua Fight, No Surprise if I KO Him in One!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    Said at the time it was ridiculous to have that pinned thread about wilder v joshua, glad its been taken down. Shows how ****ing stupid a lot of people on this forum are that they sided with the guy whos never fought a legit guy in almost 40 fights ahead of the fighter who took on klitschko after 19 fights. Can cry and moan about failed tests but the ortiz pull out looks ridiculous now in hindsight (again as i said at the time)
    Aj is equally unproven. Which is exactly why they both need this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by latinlingo View Post
      Serious question bro. If you’re so sure and confident in yourself and your abilities, why not settle for what’s being offered to you? Seems to me that if you KO Joshua, no split will ever work against you in the future. I get it’s a business but when you say you want to make the biggest fights “for the fans” then the split never becomes the issue. Now if you never said that and we know you have, then you stick to wanting a certain split and we don’t hold our breath waiting for that match to happen. You got a lot of skills bro but Joshua beat the man who beat every man for 10 years. Not saying he’s better than you, just saying I understand his upside and I struggle to see yours. But good luck in your negotiations bro and look forward to seeing your next bout.
      Aj didn't beat the man, he beat an old shell of "the man" who had already been beaten.

Get off the hype train

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Name me US fighters that pull 10k attendance on a regular basis, including in New York more than once in fights no one were that amped for?
        The reason why those fights had 10k was because folks based in other countries attended the fights. Wilder-Szpilka was a clear example of that.

Compare that to when Thurman fought Porter and Garcia at the Barclays.

http://www.boxingscene.com/thurman-p...-crowd--106135

That event surpassed Wilder-Szpilka.

Comment

No it shouldn't Wilder is a key to the US market for them, that is worth a hell of a lot more than 3% difference, Wilder will get like 40% overall and will be worth every penny as long as Joshua wins.
          Joshua can make a bigger fight without Wilder by fighting Fury in the UK, so why would he need a US market?

Again, we just went through an era where a heavyweight champ went on a ten year reign without having to fight in the US but three times and didn't have to.

Paying Wilder 40% of the purse is foolish. Golovkin didn't get 40% in the fight against Canelo and both fighters are more popular/known than Wilder is in the US.

Hearn pays that then he would be dumb whether AJ wins or not.

Comment

Joshua is not a bigger draw in the US and he isn't that big anywhere but the UK while be slightly bigger in continental Europe but he is not some big deal there.

Wilder is much bigger in the US, if you can't accept that reality then don't talk on the subject.
            Just gonna point out that Joshua v Takam was watched by 2.73million people in Germany alone and was aired in 150 different countries overall. Obviously he's biggest in the UK but he clearly does have global appeal else he's not getting those kinds of numbers from a country that historically hates Brits and isn't being broadcast in so many countries worldwide.

Undoubtedly though Wilder is the bigger fish in the US, which, as you've said, is the next market that Hearn/Joshua want... thus Wilder is going to be worth extra for that.
            Last edited by Deus; 12-05-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• 55/45 very least. I think 50/50 is fair. Wilder has almost twice as many fights/wins/knockouts. Yah AJ has the bigger name in his resume with Klit and brings more fans but Wilder has done almost double the amount of work and is Undedeated Champion as well. Doesnt matter who he fought. Can we say AJ will make it to 39 undefeated and still knockout all his opponents? This isnt just a popularity contest, somewhere in the negotiation a fighters accomplishments should come into consideration as we fans are in it for the sport before anything. Why do WE care if the purse is split higher for a particular fighter? If its 50/50 you wouldnt watch it because of an undeserving split? I just want to see the good fights. Both will be paid very handsomely regardless of the outcome. AJ is more popular, Wilder is more established in his numbers. Both are undefeated and have almost 100% ko ratio between them. 50/50 sounds very fair to me or 55/45 at the very least.
              Last edited by umop-ap!sdn; 12-06-2017, 12:37 AM. Reason: Typing too fast, sloppy spelling errors.

Comment

Name me US fighters that pull 10k attendance on a regular basis, including in New York more than once in fights no one were that amped for?

How many fighters pull TV ratings like Wilder on Showtime and PBC, pretty much their biggest stars.

So Wilder is pretty good when it comes to bringing the US market, and certainly for a huge fight with his willingness to talk and sell a fight along with his knock out clips he should be able to spin it into something pretty damn big stateside and help out making it as big as possible in the UK.

How is that not worth good cut?
                Lol "his willingness to talk" does not entitle him to a 50% cut. Talk is cheap. aj is selling millions of ppvs and selling out stadiums. He sold 10k tickets for the stiverne fight I bet 80% of those tickets were bought when people thought he was fighting Ortiz.

Aj makes 20 mil a fight wilder makes what, 1.5? How can they split that down the middle. You guys are hilarious.

Wilder is not as big as he thinks he is. If he was he'd be a ppv fighter by now but he's not.

Comment

• Wilder is quickly becoming Stevenson of the HW division while AJ is becoming Kovalev, if not more... (from the sense of collecting belts, not being afraid of fighting folks or fights taking 4 years to make.

AJ does not need Wilder as much as Wilder needs AJ.

I see zero issues of AJ taking fights against Povetkin, Ortiz or any other up and coming heavyweights, and then Fury. All of those fights would be sold out and there would be ZERO issues making them happen anywhere in Europe.

I think the biggest money for AJ would be a fight against either Fury or better yet Povetkin, with the money between England and Russia and copromotion, especially if World of Box / Ryabinski get behind it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
                    55/45 very least. I think 50/50 is fair. Wilder has almost twice as many fights/wins/knockouts. Has dedended his belt 6 times to AJs 1 defence. Yah AJ has the bigger name in his resume in Klit and brings mpre fans but Wilder has been a proven champion for longer snd has beat more fighters. This isnt just a popularity contest, somewhere in the negotiation a fighters accomplishments should come into consideration as we fans are in it for the sport before anything. Why do WE care if the purse is split higher for our favorite fighter? I just want to aee the good fights. Both will be paid very handsomely regardless of the outcome. AJ is more popular, Wilder is more established in his numbers. Both are undefeated and have almost 100% ko ratio between them. 50/50 sounds very fair to me or 55/45 at the very least.

ROFLMAO....

Wilder is "proven" and "Established"? GTFO.... so proven and established he has ZERO name recognition or ability to sell out a crowd in the united states.

Outside of the hardcore boxing crowd, no one knows about him or gives a crap about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
                      Let me even ask a few questions: Should AJ lose to Parker - would he still deserve more of the pie to fight both guys? Why would Wilder want to waste time fighting him?
                      What the fook is this ? And errr what ? lol

I see you didnt take Sid Knees advice !

Comment

Working...
                      X