Canzoneri
    Ortiz
    McLarnin
    Buchanan
    Arguello
    Ambers

Chávez was better than most of those fighters

Comment

José Luis Ramírez won the fight against Alexis, dropped him and did a better job.

That was a huge robbery
      Last edited by Mexican_Puppet; 05-31-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

- -Given Lou Duva kept Pea away from Chavez after his I'll fated trial balloon of Taylor, I'd swap in Chavez for Pea.

They only fought Chavez after he'd become decrepit.

Comment

I don't really even think of JCC as a lightweight. He came up through the ranks as a lightweight, but those were most of his early fights in TJ against guys just starting out.

He moved back down to 130 where he won his first title and stayed there for a while; he only had a few title fights at lightweight until moving up to JWW (where he was at his best).

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
            I don't really even think of JCC as a lightweight. He came up through the ranks as a lightweight, but those were most of his early fights in TJ against guys just starting out.

He moved back down to 130 where he won his first title and stayed there for a while; he only had a few title fights at lightweight until moving up to JWW (where he was at his best).
            In 135 he beat Rosario and Ramírez clearly

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
              Chávez was better than most of those fighters
              LOL, no. Not at all.

Show me the footage.

Comment

Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post

Yeah, that's a nice point. I still think his best work happened below Jr Ww. But that's clearly where he had his most success.

His best wins (Rosario and Ramirez) and performances were at 130 and 135, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
                  In 135 he beat Rosario and Ramírez clearly
                  Maybe his best wins on paper. But really, who the **** were they? Seriously, what makes them special?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
                    - -Given Lou Duva kept Pea away from Chavez after his I'll fated trial balloon of Taylor, I'd swap in Chavez for Pea.

They only fought Chavez after he'd become decrepit.
                    This is why we don't completely despise you. Every now and then you have meaningful input.

Whitaker certainy looks better on film. But he really did everything possible to fight Chavez stale.

I dunno how that goes prime vs. prime. But the fact that Whitaker wanted none of it is damming. Not that it means Chavez would win, but the decision makes Whitaker look very suspicious.

Comment

Working...
                    X