No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Gives His Opinion on Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parrish duke View Post
    Golovkin is about the same size as ward (5"10) Rosado is a big kid! What ward has is density , he is a solid guy. Golovkin does need to face upper echelon comp - But at 160 I really do not see it, Quillen will not fight him, JCC wants no part of Golovkin, too easy to hit and horrible preperation - 168, i feel the guys up there are too big, Froch / Kesseler / Ward / etc.. those are some big guys - 154 is stacked, he might need to go down there and dominate - 160 is pretty much dead for now.
    Ward is 6"1" that's 3 inches taller than glovokin. Also Quillin did not say he won't fight Glovokin. What he said in the interview, that you can view on YouTube, is that he would be willing to fight Glovokin after him and glovokin get 1-2 wins in the US, for they can maximize there $$$. That's from Quillin's mouth, and that make sense!

Comment

I love the God of War but Ward is a bad bad style matchup for him. That's a fight I would definitely favor Ward in. Hopefully GoW gets some more wins and they can face off in 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        Did you catch AA's last 3 bout? He wasn't able to drop chinny Stieglitz, nor that scrub Pole. What makes you think GG can't hurt him? AA spends half the fight on the ropes, and is always complaining about body shots. But regardless of whether GG stops him, he's got loads more ability than AA and won't even be at a size disadvantage.

That S6 sentence makes no sense. Is Allan Green serious? What did Bute Glen Johnson prove?
        AA golovkin is a pickem fight to me still .. AA can still ko you with one shot .. IMO I don't there's a fighter right now that can beat Andre Ward .. He's what I call a super elite fighter .. I don't see any serious threat , not even ggg .. Ward plays with him

Comment

he is getting too overrated, but the guy is solid and hits like a truck

Comment

Ward talking about GGG from home.... unfair home court advantage. Automatic Ward UD. lol

Comment

Why don't Golovkin and AA get it on?

Comment

I wasnt that impressed with 3G is his last fight. Rosados only been boxing for 8 yrs. He didnt start boxing until he was 19. Hes a basketball player. He already had 5 losses at 154. I didnt see much head movement. The bigger punchers will Tee off on him. I just wasnt that impressed. 3 to 1 Chavez Jr puts him to sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                  I wasnt that impressed with 3G is his last fight. Rosados only been boxing for 8 yrs. He didnt start boxing until he was 19. Hes a basketball player. He already had 5 losses at 154. I didnt see much head movement. The bigger punchers will Tee off on him. I just wasnt that impressed. 3 to 1 Chavez Jr puts him to sleep.
                  What odds on Chavez putting Zbik to sleep?

Comment

I don't know if 3G is that good either...you can tell he will have trouble with slick boxers like Ward. I think it would be a good fight tho...cuz Ward likes to bang but Golovkin needs to work on defense...

Comment

People love hating lol. GGG is the truth and as time goes on people will see that. So he got hit a bit and the guy in front of him didnt fall down with every shot GGG gave him? I mean cmon, not every challenge will be a early rounds KO for GGG. Rosado was a big, strong, tough 154-160 lber who beat some pretty good fighters and GGG brutalized, bloodied and stopped him. GGG was never hurt whatsoever. What more do people want? Not every fight will be a stellar performance, even by amazing fighters. Ward has mediocre fights, Floyd has mediocre fights, etc...but they find a way to win. That is what makes GGG special, he finds a way to win. He def has serious power in both hands and a solid skillset. He will keep getting better and better and I really think he is a serious threat at 160-168.

Comment

Working...
                      X