No announcement yet.

How cheap is DAZN? LMFAO. No judges. The referee will score

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    I've heard of refs having a scorecard, but dont remember a ref having an active say in the official scores.
    Don't listen to these UK/lil G fans. They can't afford judges over there so they say "it's common practice" for refs to be the judge of the fight

Even Sergio Mora was like "wtf why is the ref the judge? !?"

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      Again tell me why a professional boxer, Sergio Mora, has never heard of the referee also judging the fight if it's common and widely done. Did he just start watching boxing?
      maybe he has? Not all boxers know about their own sport, some are dumb as ****.

If anyone knows boxing, then they know for decades it was mainly the ref that scored the fight, or a combination of judges and ref. To this day, almost everywhere on this planet, refs are used to score many, many low level fights.

Your fault for being a noob.

Comment

what are low level fights? Fights that are not televised? 4 rounders? 6 rounders? 10 rounders? It makes sense for a ref to score the Fury vs Piñata fight since it was fixed anyways. Have we not seen PBC undercards where judges do 6 round bouts?

Comment

Don't listen to these UK/lil G fans. They can't afford judges over there so they say "it's common practice" for refs to be the judge of the fight

Even Sergio Mora was like "wtf why is the ref the judge? !?"
          Yeah....seriously you need to do your research.

Very common practice across the history of boxing. Not just in the UK.

ALOT of fights were scored by the ref back in the day.

Just take the L and move on is your best bet here.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            maybe he has? Not all boxers know about their own sport, some are dumb as ****.

If anyone knows boxing, then they know for decades it was mainly the ref that scored the fight, or a combination of judges and ref. To this day, almost everywhere on this planet, refs are used to score many, many low level fights.

Your fault for being a noob.
            No judges, just the ref. I'm sorry you guys in the UK can't afford tooth brushes or judges

I'm American. I've never seen only the ref scoring the fight in America. We can afford judges.

Comment

Just ask Amir Khan. His early BoxRec history shows some fights scored by refs:

(versus Laszlo Komjathi, Baz Carey)

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Yeah....seriously you need to do your research.

Very common practice across the history of boxing. Not just in the UK.

ALOT of fights were scored by the ref back in the day.

Just take the L and move on is your best bet here.
                This isn't back in the day. This is 2018. I'm sorry you guys in the UK are so poor. Maybe start a go fund me? It makes sense now why your ppvs are only $10 a pop lmao

Comment

Again tell me why a professional boxer, Sergio Mora, has never heard of the referee also judging the fight if it's common and widely done. Did he just start watching boxing?
                  Mora is as ignorant about the sport as you are. That's all we can glean right now.

Comment

Not just a UK thing.

Depending on the level and/or the venue, you can get just a ref as the judge.

I have seen fights on broadcast TV with that format, but I go back a ways...

Comment

Let it go dude. You tried to run hard with this and got corrected. They're right. It's a opener fight. Arguing with each person is only bumping the thread and making you look worse. It's getting cringey...

Comment

Working...
                      X