Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay wilder ducked klitschko, but anthony joshua's a "coward"??? Lmao!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    AJ didn't duck Ortiz .. it was the other way round. Ortiz was AJ's WBA mando and Hearn signed him to matchroom in order to promote the fight himself when it happened.
    Hearn never signed Ortiz. He was trying to sign him, big difference. Hearn wanted to delay the Ortiz fight because when you have the big cash cow, the #1 priority is to avoid big punchers whenever possible. You can influence judges. You can influence refs. You can influence a lot of things. But if you're guy gets dropped, your influence may not matter.

The WBA caters to Hearn the way the WBC caters to Haymon. Which is why their enforcement of the Ortiz fight never came. Eventually Ortiz got frustrated and gave up. But as we've seen with the convenient Povetkin announcement, had Hearn wanted the Ortiz fight, it would have happened.

Dillian Whyte was calling for a fight with Ortiz at this time
    Make any excuse you want, but the WBC ordered a final eliminator between Whyte and Ortiz and Whyte refused to fight. Opting instead for a non-title, non-eliminator, that does absolutely nothing to help secure him a title shot, instead of taking a fight that guaranteed him a title shot if he won. Like any smart promoter, Hearn realizes you keep your guys away from big knockout punchers at all costs. Same reason Haymon & Finkel were telling Deontay not to fight Ortiz. So I'm not blaming Hearn as he simply gives the same advice anyone would. Deontay, either brave or an idiot depending on your perspective, didn't care and wanted Ortiz anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      I asked you about Wilder and you dodge the question. Why is it so hard for you to call it what it is?
      I am calling it what it is. A double standard.

Every promoter on the planet with a newly crowned, fairly inexperienced undefeated world champion is going to take a couple easier voluntary defenses before pursuing a huge fight. This is standard operating procedure in boxing.

When Wilder does it, you call it ducking, even though the fight he was supposedly "ducking" wasn't even available as Wladimir was tied up with HBO and already committed to fighting Jennings.

When AJ does it, you don't say anything.

Double standard.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Hearn made it very clear a Oct . date was being pushed .
        Hearn made a lot of things "very clear" that he conveniently left out of the contract. The contract is what governs things, not Hearn's empty promises. He tried to string them along with an October date but when push came to shove, Hearn admitted it would actually be April.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          have you seen the contract ? Read through it ?
          I don't have to as neither side is claiming the contract guaranteed the fight would be next.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
            I don't have to as neither side is claiming the contract guaranteed the fight would be next.
            haven't you not heard that saying.
            There are no guarantees in life.
            So stop pretending like you exactly know what's happened and move on.
            The contract is live and in wilders and finkles hands and he should stop whining like a ***** on heat and sign for the fight.

Comment

Hearn never signed Ortiz. He was trying to sign him, big difference. Hearn wanted to delay the Ortiz fight because when you have the big cash cow, the #1 priority is to avoid big punchers whenever possible. You can influence judges. You can influence refs. You can influence a lot of things. But if you're guy gets dropped, your influence may not matter.

The WBA caters to Hearn the way the WBC caters to Haymon. Which is why their enforcement of the Ortiz fight never came. Eventually Ortiz got frustrated and gave up. But as we've seen with the convenient Povetkin announcement, had Hearn wanted the Ortiz fight, it would have happened.

Make any excuse you want, but the WBC ordered a final eliminator between Whyte and Ortiz and Whyte refused to fight. Opting instead for a non-title, non-eliminator, that does absolutely nothing to help secure him a title shot, instead of taking a fight that guaranteed him a title shot if he won. Like any smart promoter, Hearn realizes you keep your guys away from big knockout punchers at all costs. Same reason Haymon & Finkel were telling Deontay not to fight Ortiz. So I'm not blaming Hearn as he simply gives the same advice anyone would. Deontay, either brave or an idiot depending on your perspective, didn't care and wanted Ortiz anyway.

You are full of shit.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                You are full of shit.
                If I was, you'd have pointed out flaws in my argument. Since you couldn't, you ignored my entire post and attacked me instead. Should have done the honorable thing and just admitted I was right since you were unable to counter anything I said.

Comment

If I was, you'd have pointed out flaws in my argument. Since you couldn't, you ignored my entire post and attacked me instead. Should have done the honorable thing and just admitted I was right since you were unable to counter anything I said.
                  Lol .. didn't read your argument. There's a limit to the amount of time I can waste at this place.

Comment

wilder doesn't like to hurt older folks, joshua the coward got nearly KO'd by wladimir

Comment

why he duckin wilder man...why he hidin behind gay hearn...damn i understand hearn he's not losing face but joshua looking like the biggest coward now..even lennox callin him a coward....sucks to be a AJ stan lolz

Comment

Working...
                      X