Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Forces Us To Confront Our Fears & Joys In Boxing Fandom

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    You summed that up perfectly, which is good, because it means I don't have to bother doing it myself, and I have had it with talking about that bull**** $50milliom offer.
    This is what AJ said about the 50 million, and makes no sense, since he explained nothing.

So, let’s say that fifty million we talked about. Listen, it’s a hell of a lot of money and it was an honour to even have that number thrown at me!

“But then when you dissected it and what it actually it was, it was kind of like a rights fee – ‘We own you for this amount of money’.

“The issue I had was that I’ve got long-standing contracts in place with certain partnerships. So you may put that money forward and think that you own me 100% but you may only own 50% so that makes their 50% worth 25%.

“So when you start getting into the intricacies of a contract and what the real value is, that’s when that starts taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
      You make a good point. It is a well penned article, in as much as the writing is clear and nicely articulated, but it still lacks truth.
      Wilder has still ducked and priced himself out of a fight with Joshua. He has still said he'd like to kill someone, and any false remorse expressed now is, in my opinion, more to do with him listening to advisors ("you can't say things like that in public Deontay!") than it is about any real regret. He means it. He has even gone as far as realizing he wouldn't be charged, and has voiced that aloud.
      Don't put words in my mouth, writer. I have not erased or forgotten the ducking, the hypocrisy, and the lies. When he accepts a reasonable offer to fight Joshua then I will believe him. He is still the B side, but admittedly has closed the gap. But it is and was a wide gap in terms of accomplishments and commercial viability. The problem I see in making the Joshua fight in the future, is that Wilder was already being overpaid. Almost any reasonable boxing observer will agree - the amounts he has already declined still exceed his value now. He and his team are throwing around some silly numbers, I anticipate more ducking by way of ridiculous demands. It'd be a great fight. He has a chance, he should just go for it and take that chance.
      Bullocks! You must be a brit. A side/ B side. It's all B.S. Look at the last 10 fights for each guy. Very close competition. Joshua draws huge crowds in England because you have nothing else. Oh, I forgot, soccer! That sport sucks! Wilder turned down signing with DAZN, he didn't turn down fighting Frank Bruno 2.0! Wilder will destroy the british robot! BOMBSQUAAAAD!

Comment

Great points, and articulate. No offense to Boxingscene but this article belongs on CNN. We're boxing fans not all of us are subtle, especially those stupid fans who would pick Fury over Wilder in a rematch.
        #BombSquad🥊

Comment

There's only 3 fighters in the world who instilled that kinda fear besides deontay.Jack johnson a young George foreman and iron Mike

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            You summed that up perfectly, which is good, because it means I don't have to bother doing it myself, and I have had it with talking about that bull**** $50milliom offer.
            Me too. But these guys keep bringing it up and using it as some sort of defense to the ducking that is happening now.

Comment

main thing is they're both cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
                Bullocks! You must be a brit. A side/ B side. It's all B.S. Look at the last 10 fights for each guy. Very close competition. Joshua draws huge crowds in England because you have nothing else. Oh, I forgot, soccer! That sport sucks! Wilder turned down signing with DAZN, he didn't turn down fighting Frank Bruno 2.0! Wilder will destroy the british robot! BOMBSQUAAAAD!
                Lol. You're a funny guy.

Comment

Working...
                X