Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: George Jones To Wilder: You DON'T Want A Body On Your Record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I like Deontay but this whole thing is just dumb on his part. There have been great fighters who were never the same after killing a man in the ring.
    As I told many, and even Mauricio-WBC said it, but this was all Showtime’s shameful way to acquire attention as there’s a pivotal shift of fans going to DAZN. It’s all money. Showtime is trying as hard as it can

Comment

Wilder is an idiot for saying this , now I hope Anthony Joshua leaves him the way Adonis Stevenson is at this point

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        It's called "selling" and it's meant to get attention. Worked on you.
        Still I'd like to think we live in a world with human, moral values and wishing death for somebody is not part of it.

Wilder is a moron, and "selling", ie getting more money is not giving him a pass in my book, I don't respect what he said, as the true catholic to the bone that I am.

There are kids looking to him as the HW champ, a community which needs example.

Wilder is a poor example. It could sound corny, fruity to you, but that's how I think, we all are example and entitled to our words and acts.

Then that's just my personal point of view my redfox brother.

No respek for Wilder and he needs to be called out for saying such bullsht.

Comment

"Just selling"

This really ****s me. I love boxing because it's genuine, brutal and sporting. You go man on man and then shake hands afterwards.

Deontay doesn't want a body on his record. He doesn't want to kill Breazeale. He's just dragging the sport into the gutter for a few dollars.

There's always a chance of something terrible happening in the ring. If it were to happen on Saturday after these comments I think you'd find the sport would never be the same.

Just once I'd love a boxing organisation to just show some small thread of decency and act. But they won't.

Comment

It's called selling a fight but there are times when a fighter can even go too far and I believe this was one of them. Wilder is saying a lot of shit for shock value in order to grab headlines cover stories and get front page news in order to hype his event.

Personally, I don't believe for a second he means what he is saying but in the future he needs to use and exercise better wisdom and caution when he speaks because he has a huge platform and when he takes that platform the world takes notice of him.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
              Still I'd like to think we live in a world with human, moral values and wishing death for somebody is not part of it.

Wilder is a moron, and "selling", ie getting more money is not giving him a pass in my book, I don't respect what he said, as the true catholic to the bone that I am.

Wilder is a poor example. It could sound corny, fruity to you, but that's how I think, we all are example and entitled to our words and acts.

He is a civil rights "Hero" recently, he cannot make his mind up, whether to play the eel or the hero. I just feel a pastor's son would restrain from using words like that...."Legal or not".

Even if this fight isn't selling quite well as reported, he has been making this comment for a while now. And to be honest its classless and uncalled for.

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
                "Just selling"

This really ****s me. I love boxing because it's genuine, brutal and sporting. You go man on man and then shake hands afterwards.

Deontay doesn't want a body on his record. He doesn't want to kill Breazeale. He's just dragging the sport into the gutter for a few dollars.

There's always a chance of something terrible happening in the ring. If it were to happen on Saturday after these comments I think you'd find the sport would never be the same.

Just once I'd love a boxing organisation to just show some small thread of decency and act. But they won't.
                I just think someone needs to have a word with him, he is going to school and speaking to kids nowadays. He shouldn't be heard saying thing like that then rocking up at schools to be a motivational speaker lol.

Maybe his father could use his bible in a good way to speak to him, because it's obvious he isn't brought up with the right upbringing. Or showtime can speak to him.

Comment

****ing over sensitive *******. What happened to the sport of Boxing?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

I don't condone it at all. I think it's destructive for the sport. But, at the same time it's hard for me to get worked up about Wilder saying this stuff when boxing fans praised Kovalev as a badass for having killed someone. In fact, a lot of the people here acting appalled are the same douchebags that, as Kovalev fans, flaunted that death.

My comment to the other guy was in regard to him seeming entirely confused. I personally don't believe that Wilder wants to kill someone. I'm bothered that he disrespects the sport by selling an image like that. But, fans do send mixed messages so I understand why he'd sell that persona. A lot of idiots eat that shyt up.

Comment

i have to wonder is wilder making any new fans with all the crap he is talking

Comment

Working...
                      X