No announcement yet.

Cotto wants Canelo-Golovkin winner in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto wants Canelo-Golovkin winner in December

Miguel Cotto, who plans to retire at the end of the year, has big plans for his career finale, which is due to take place on Dec. 2 at Madison Square Garden in New York.

There's a good chance he will fight the winner of the middleweight world title showdown between unified champion Gennady Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) and Canelo Alvarez (49-1-1, 34 KOs), assuming the victor is not banged up from what is expected to be a hellacious battle on Saturday (HBO PPV, 8 p.m. ET) at the T-Mobile Arena.

"It's going to be a tough fight between them. Whatever happens, I am leaving the ring Dec. 31," Cotto said. "I will have the last fight of my career in December, and fighting the winner would be a good way to go out. I would be proud to have that fight."
    http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...alvarez-winner

Idk that either guy will be down for fighting again in 11 weeks. Thats really not even enough time to properly promote a PPV fight, like this would likely need to be, with the needs promoters have today. And I mean if the winner gets dinged up in the slightest an 11 week turnaround would make even less sense.

Cotto needs to get off his artificial deadline if he wants a legit big fight to end his career. He's the B side. B sides can't be choosers. Mfer is living in denial like Cleof#ckingpatra.

Comment

Cotto had his chance at golovkin and was a complete hoe about it, most blatant duck in the history of ducks, and he already lost to canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk that either guy will be down for fighting again in 11 weeks. Thats really not even enough time to properly promote a PPV fight, like this would likely need to be, with the needs promoters have today. And I mean if the winner gets dinged up in the slightest an 11 week turnaround would make even less sense.

Cotto needs to get off his artificial deadline if he wants a legit big fight to end his career. He's the B side. B sides can't be choosers. Mfer is living in denial like Cleof#ckingpatra.
        What are Golovkin's other options? The BJS/Monroe winner? Canelo would take his time, but if Golovkin wins I see him jumping on the opportunity especially if they can push it to the end of December.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          Cotto had his chance at golovkin and was a complete hoe about it, most blatant duck in the history of ducks, and he already lost to canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Where's the duck? He fought Canelo instead for a bigger better fight/payday. Who did GGG go on to fight? A 147 pound welter weight. Nice try though.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
              Where's the duck? He fought Canelo instead for a bigger better fight/payday. Who did GGG go on to fight? A 147 pound welter weight. Nice try though.
              Hoes stick togather I see

Originally posted by mlac View Post
              Sussy cotto lost his balls

Comment

Guess he wants to go out Hopkins style.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  What are Golovkin's other options? The BJS/Monroe winner? Canelo would take his time, but if Golovkin wins I see him jumping on the opportunity especially if they can push it to the end of December.
                  I don't think Cotto reallllllllllly wants to fight GGG first off, but I think GGG is older & a quick turnaround, which he hasn't done in a few years, isn't doing him any good in particular if he beats Canelo & has more lights shining on him. I'd expect he spends the two weeks after this fight during random TV, media, podcast type sh^t. Plus he just had a kid who he missed the birth of & I'd assume would wanna get to spend some time with. I think GGG is on GGG time if he wins tomorrow & there is no logical reason they couldn't fight in Jan. or Feb or May for that matter.

But idk if its necessarily about options I think its about the time table which is dumb to begin with. But its Cotto so its sorta expected that he'll try to Diva sh^t up as usual.

Comment

Cotto should just call it a day and walk away.

But if he wants a quick payday with low risk he should cash out on a Kell Brook scrap.

Comment

Working...
                    X