Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger upset: Rungvisai over Roman, or Horn over Pacmonster?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger upset: Rungvisai over Roman, or Horn over Pacmonster?

Discuss.

Rungvisai stopping Roman
    66.67%
    Horn bullying and decisioning Pacmonster
    33.33%

The poll is expired.

Manny getting beat by a school teacher for sure.

Rungvisai was a former champ with more than a 80% knockout ratio.

If you watched him you knew he was dangerous.

Comment

One was a robbery the other was a clean KO. The KO surprised me more. I thought Gonzaoez would take a decision

Comment

The Thai boxer's KO win was the bigger upset in my opinion because he knocked him out cold fair and square. Pacquiao won the fight with Horn as expected. The only upsets were a referee who let Horn get away with every dirty tactic in the book and some not in the book and three bribed judges who gave the fight to the man who landed half as many punches instead of the man who landed twice as many punches. It was a robbery plain as day.

Comment

rungvisai. im not a fan of pacquiao but just like some other fights, it appears if someone does 'better than expected' they end up getting seen as the winner. He landed half the punches of pac at an atrocious connect rate. Rungvisai left no doubt who was the winner, and gonzalez was a fighter supposedly in his prime at 30. Pacs approaching his 40s.

Comment

Trash thread. Roman got ko'd while Pacquiao got robbed

Comment

Anyone who watched the first fight knew Rungvisai was dangerous and tough as nails. The shocking part was the KO not the victory. I thought the rematch would be a repeat of the first fight, a closely fought battle that could have gone either way but the Thai left no doubt this time!

Bigger upset was Horn beating Pac IMO

Comment

Horn over Pac was a farce...Rungvisai legitimately destroyed Roman.

Comment

Bigger upset or more impressive? The thread title says one thing, the poll says another.

As to the upset: Horn's win was a bigger upset. After all, Rungvisai had already beaten Gonzales once. So beating him again, even though it was much more emphatic, doesn't really scream 'upset'. But Horn was an unknown who beat a fighter that many considered to be still in the P4P top 10.

As to what was more impressive: Rungvisai's knockout was spectacular and was much more impressive. He demolished a guy who was recently ranked P4P #1. Horn won a close, ugly fight over a worn, aged and uninterested legend.

Comment

Working...
                  X