No announcement yet.

What's so good about Daniel Geale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
    Geale sucks... At least he did against Barker. I gotta go back and review the Sturm fight

Point is is he's no threat to GGG for the fans to be begging for such a fight
    One close loss and he's a bum? Man, people working overtime to discredit Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
      One close loss and he's a bum? Man, people working overtime to discredit Golovkin
      Am I wrong though? Do you really think someone like Geale stands a chance?

I'm not saying he's a bum, I just don't see what's so good about him especially with pleading for him to fight GGG because I don't see this fight being competitive whatsoever.

Comment

I just don't see it. To me, he looked sub par against Barker and for lack of better words, just looked really weak.

I keep seeing his name thrown around as a worthy opponent for GGG, but I just don't see it
        He's a boxer-puncher with average power (at best), very good workrate and stamina and unlike most fighters does well in the championship rounds.

Besides Martinez and Sturm, Geale probably has the best resume in the division. He unified the WBA and IBF belts against Sturm and Sylvester. He also has some less notable wins against Karmazin (TKO12), Adama, Mundine, D. Dawson, and Ajetovic.

In his best win against Sturm, he started the fight boxing with Felix, which appeared detrimental as Sturm had the better jab. He then adjusted and closed the range on Sturm and outworking him on the inside. Unlike Macklin and Murray before him, he finished the championship rounds on a strong note and won a split decision.

I don't think he has a chance against Golovkin but who knows, he could come up with a gameplan that could frustrate GGG. He is also physically larger than Golovkin and probably has a better chin and workrate than anyone GGG has fought so far.
        Last edited by BafanaBafana; 02-02-2014, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Am I wrong though? Do you really think someone like Geale stands a chance?

I'm not saying he's a bum, I just don't see what's so good about him especially with pleading for him to fight GGG because I don't see this fight being competitive whatsoever.
          Who does stand a chance? He's a two time world champion who has a very good resume and the best person Golovkin would have fought.... why wouldn't he be a good opponent? By that logic, nobody Golovkin fights in MW is any good, so what's the point of fighting them? Just leave the money on the doorstep and surrender

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
            Top Ten MW, Got the win over Sturm. Seems durable. High energy. The Barker fight was close.

He's in the mix with Murray, and Sturm. It's not hard to see why.
            This right here.

Geale would be a very credible opponent for GGG.

Comment

Peterson is much better than Geale.... I would even say so is sorry ass Bika
              Lamont Peterson??? No he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                Lamont Peterson??? No he's not.
                Yes Peterson is... Daniel Geale sucks

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
                  Who does stand a chance? He's a two time world champion who has a very good resume and the best person Golovkin would have fought.... why wouldn't he be a good opponent? By that logic, nobody Golovkin fights in MW is any good, so what's the point of fighting them? Just leave the money on the doorstep and surrender
                  Jacobs puts up a much better fight than Geale

Comment

Originally posted by BafanaBafana View Post
                    He's a boxer-puncher with average power (at best), very good workrate and stamina and unlike most fighters does well in the championship rounds.

Besides Martinez and Sturm, Geale probably has the best resume in the division. He unified the WBA and IBF belts against Sturm and Sylvester. He also has some less notable wins against Karmazin (TKO12), Adama, Mundine, D. Dawson, and Ajetovic.

In his best win against Sturm, he started the fight boxing with Felix, which appeared detrimental as Sturm had the better jab. He then adjusted and closed the range on Sturm and outworking him on the inside. Unlike Macklin and Murray before him, he finished the championship rounds on a strong note and won a split decision.

I don't think he has a chance against Golovkin but who knows, he could come up with a gameplan that could frustrate GGG. He is also physically larger than Golovkin and probably has a better chin and workrate than anyone GGG has fought so far.
                    I think this sums it up nicely TS..

that said, I wouldn't exactly lose sleep if it doesn't happen. i wanted to see it last year

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Abed View Post
                      Top Ten MW, Got the win over Sturm. Seems durable. High energy. The Barker fight was close.

He's in the mix with Murray, and Sturm. It's not hard to see why.
                      What timeline are we in where that's a bad opponent?

Comment

Working...
                      X