Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schaefer says he doesn't think Canelo-Trout will happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always thought Trout/Canelo was a main event on its own so as long as Canelo fights a respectable fighter him ok with him not fighting Trout

Comment

Saul Canelo Alvarez vs Alfredo Angulo

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        What the hell? Why not?
        Trout is too drunk to sign the contract.

Comment

Let's see what he does, Cotto is safer than Trout and he is worth a lot more money, we will see if the Trout fight happens before Mayweather but I don't believe Mayweather fights Canelo this year.

Comment

Of course not.

Trout is a legit fighter and is actually a 154lber, neither of those fit the Canelo criteria.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
              Of course not.

Trout is a legit fighter and is actually a 154lber, neither of those fit the Canelo criteria.
              End tread here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                I always thought Trout/Canelo was a main event on its own so as long as Canelo fights a respectable fighter him ok with him not fighting Trout
                I think both Trout and Cotto vs Canelo are main event fights and I was thinking it was impossible to happen, then when I heard rumors about Canelo vs Trout I thought I would be proven wrong. I don't see how GBP can pay all of those millions of dollars for Canelo vs Trout and Broner vs Burns, that's a lot of money. When an undercard match up is better than the main event match, which I think would be the case if Canelo vs Trout happens, you're gonna have to out up a good amount of money for it.

If things continue like this, I don't think Mayweather and Canelo will fight in September, I think it will be Canelo vs Trout in September. I'm not sure who the hell Floyd fights on that date. Nobody at WW interests me as an opponent for Floyd. Who knows, maybe he fights Marquez as a farewell fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                  Of course not.

Kirkland, Williams, and Cotto weren't legit 154lbers?

GTFO.

Comment

lol, this was never going to be official. Trout is too much of a threat for Canelo and GBP know this.

Canelo, continuing to be Boxing's biggest joke, maybe they should see if Ashley Theophane is available.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      Trout also retweeted this.
                      Gotta protect that 0 until Floyd takes it. What a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X