Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would you pick: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Daniel Geale?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you pick: Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. vs Daniel Geale?

Let's assume that Sergio is out for an extended period due to his knee. Who would take this matchup if it were to come about?
    Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
    86.36%
    Daniel Geale
    13.64%

chavez. i think he's too big/strong for other MWs (besides golovkin, maybe). geale's a decent fighter but i see chavez wearing him down and stopping him. chavez should take that fight, he'll back to being a champ. i would like to see him move up though tbh. i'd love to see him against pavlik or abraham.

Comment

Chavez Jr.

Comment

Chavez needs to learn to rely more on his physical advantages..more..if that makes any sense...

I think Roach has been treated unfairly these last couple of fights, his fighters haven't listened..

If Chavez would have b-lined Martinez and unload as soon as Martinez opened up he would've caught him much sooner, not saying Martinez wouldn't have adjusted or got KO'd or anything but that was Chavez' only real opportunity..he was suppose to trade and bully Martinez..make him uncomfortable and Chavez didn't listen to Roach one bit..

If Chavez actually listened..he can actually be a major threat at 160..seriously..

Comment

junior would walk right through him.

Comment

Geale would probably outwork him and get robbed ala Zbik.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
              Chavez needs to learn to rely more on his physical advantages..more..if that makes any sense...

I think Roach has been treated unfairly these last couple of fights, his fighters haven't listened..

If Chavez would have b-lined Martinez and unload as soon as Martinez opened up he would've caught him much sooner, not saying Martinez wouldn't have adjusted or got KO'd or anything but that was Chavez' only real opportunity..he was suppose to trade and bully Martinez..make him uncomfortable and Chavez didn't listen to Roach one bit..

If Chavez actually listened..he can actually be a major threat at 160..seriously..
              Remember that Sergio was going to the body a lot too, and that usually takes the aggression out of a fighter. Chavez didn't bum-rush Sergio because he knew he wasn't fast enough to corner him, and Sergio wasn't allowing him to cut off the ring either. Sergio's lateral movement was uber-effective against the plodding Chavez, and when he would open up, Sergio would counter him lol. Sergio literally had all his bases covered, he controlled Chavez and negated him offensively.

As for the topic, I haven't seen enough of Geale to know if he can negate pressure effectively. Anybody recommend some fights of his?
              Last edited by kiaba360; 09-16-2012, 09:53 PM.

Comment

I've seen the Felix Sturm fight and the Sebastian Sylvester fight. To me he should be an attractive opponent for Jr because it's a chance to pick up 2 belts.

Comment

Working...
                X