Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Initial return for "Firepower" PPV buys -- 1.3 to 1.4 Million?

"Early projections for the Pacquiao-Cotto fight, which ended with a 12th-round technical knockout, suggest pay-per-view buys in the range of 1.3 million to 1.4 million."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/11/16/sp...xing.html?_r=1

Jim Lampley also mentioned in the later rounds that "Firepower" already surpassed the PPV buys of "Number One/Numero Uno", and the info came from an HBO top honcho...

I wonder where is Al Haymon?

Comment

I won't comment until they release the official figures..

Comment

Originally posted by Chev Chelois View Post
        I wonder where is Al Haymon?

He's in hibernation mode...

Yuhoo! Horus! Where are you?

Comment

This fight should do more than Mayweather/JMM.

Comment

I'm still waiting for a Floyd fan to attribute the PPV success to Floyd's return.

Half of the people that bought that PPV only did so because they knew that the winner was likely next in line for Money May!

Comment

They're talking about MAY vs PAC in yankee stadium that would be crazy. I live in the bronx too so can't miss it.

Comment

This is good, I'd want any boxing event to do good numbers but I specifically wanted this one to do very good numbers. This way, Mayweather has to accept 50/50. I expected 1.2Mill+ but lets wait for the legit numbers to come. Keep in mind, Numero Uno was said to have done 1.6Mill and it did 1.1Mill instead, so lets all wait.

Comment

I don't care. But too bad Al Haymon took a ban. His counter thread woulda been a fun read.

Comment

just wait for the alt of al haymon. to make those counter evidence.

Comment

Working...
                    X