No announcement yet.

Joshua vs Klitschko Alphabet Titles, Rematches and Mandatories Saga

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua vs Klitschko Alphabet Titles, Rematches and Mandatories Saga

How do you reckon this will play out over the next couple of years if Joshua wins?

On the night the vacant WBA, Joshua's IBF and the vacant IBO title are all gonna be on the line.

There will be a rematch clause no doubt and then the various bodies will start pushing for their mandatories.

My guess is there'll be space for another fight then a rematch.

There is Wilder with the WBC (who I think is the only real challenge out there to AJ) and so there will be a massive stramash about getting that fight on the slate but the other guy with a title is Joseph Parker from New Zealand with the WBO which would be worth doing to get more belts together and the vague possibility of Tyson Fury fighting AJ.

Still there probably will have to be a mandatory before or after a rematch.

I'm gonna guess rematch, mandatory, mandatory, mandatory, WBO champ, mandatory, mandatory, mandatory, mandatory, Wilder.

So that puts a Wilder/Joshua fight three years away.

Any chance it could be sooner?

I think there is a clause in his showtime TV deal that demands the Wilder fight.

It also would not surprise me in the slightest to see them both continue to fight can's for the foreseeable future.

Comment

fight happens, rematch probably but IBF will enforce mandatory so that belt wont be sanctioned if its the same thing as the klit/fury 2 problem.

If joshua wins, no rematch. IBF Mando - WBO unification with Hughie/parker winner - Mando -

I dont think Wilder has the WBC belt by the time the fight happens with the winner of joshua / klitschko. I think he loses it to his mandatory because he wont be able to force a unification if the klit/aj winner goes WBO route.

If ortiz is his mandatory, Wilder loses. As far as 3 years until WBC unification goes.. absolutely no way. 18 months max.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        I think there is a clause in his showtime TV deal that demands the Wilder fight.

It also would not surprise me in the slightest to see them both continue to fight can's for the foreseeable future.
        Ii hope you're right we all want to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
          18 months max.
          I sincerely hope so

Comment

Wildcard - Klitchko retiring, win or lose.

Comment

Working...
            X