No announcement yet.

Official Tyson Fury vs Wladimir Klitschko Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott-Weiland View Post
    Oh my, if Wlad struggles then we were wrong, it is as simple as that. Their is zero shame for me admitting I was wrong, can you sit there and say the same to me ? I am not so sure you can. You appear to pride yourself on your image here, I can honestly say I'm not so bothered.

Ask yourself what happens if Wlad completely destroys Fury or outclasses over the distance and you're wrong, how does that go down for you ? Klitschko is still an over rated dominator of the weakest era right ? You have this stuff scripted already do you not.

Do I have to reevaluate, I'm not so sure about that. I'd hold Fury in higher esteem for certain, if he made things difficult and tough why would I not ?

Singing, being fat and useless mean very little to me in regards to Fury, I'm not interested nor am I entertained by his singing. I never rated him too highly after the Cunningham fight exposed way too many flaws. He has the size and natural attributes to be the next reigning champion, but for me he hasn't the key to unlocking his full potential, Emmanuel Steward. Is that a shame, yes it certainly is. Had he have had the same benefits his opponent has had with the nest tutelage out there to be had I have no doubts he could unlock his true potential.
    Wrong about what exactly? That Fury would give Wlad a good fight?

Yes of course I can. As I said, and you can quote me on this. Whichever way Wlad wins against Fury I think Fury will still be one of the best opponents he's faced. It doesn't matter if it's a 10 second KO or 12 round split decision. Certain fights go certain ways.

When did I say he was overrated? You are making stuff up that I've never said. Even the Klitschko fanboys can testament to me saying continuously over the years that Wlad could have been a champion in any era. I have called him an ATG heavyweight for a while now. I just think he's so incredibly boring I want to scratch my eyes out after the first round of everyone of his fights. I know you're new to the forum, so you haven't followed me or these discussions for very long.

Ah, yes that's the easy way to go. So you're saying Fury is a useless lump of meat now. If he gives Wlad a fight then suddenly he's not so bad. Why isn't it that maybe Wlad wasn't as good? Total double standards there.

So he's gone from being a useless big oaf, to having the potential to be the next dominant heavyweight champion in a couple of posts?

Nuthuggertry at its finest.
    Last edited by LacedUp; 11-24-2015, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheIcon View Post
      Yeah you are probably right Re a decision in Germany just that its hard to back a guy to win on points with that niggling doubt, but like I said you are probs right.

Yeah I think Fury will try outbox him but my worry is if he genuinely believes he cannot win a decision how early is he going to start taking risks? I don't want to see him swinging for the fences from the early rounds and seeing him get sparked out by round 4-5. I think if Fury does have a solid game plan then there's no reason for me that (if he sticks to it) he can't go the distance and have a close fight with Klitschko. My big questions going into the fight is how will Fury Negate the Jab? How will Fury Negate Klitschko's Holding? And how reckless will Fury get if things don't go his way early on?

For me, this is a match that has the potential to be a close fight and even one that Fury can win (in a close fight) , but it also has the potential for Fury to get absolutely flattened.
      Whenever one of my favourite fighters is facing a higher echelon fighter I usually ask a friend who is completely unbiased and now I haven't sought out his opinion officially but in conversation he genuinely believes Fury will be knocked out, between the two of us we are not often wrong and I don't see anything myself to suggest otherwise this time either. Personally I feel it is a fight between two guys the same size and the better boxer and one with crucially the more significant power will prevail, that man being Klitschko.

I'll often remark am I overlooking this guy ? And this time I am met with alarming no, absolutely not. We're talking about the Alan Partridge of the boxing world in regards to Fury. If you have not seen the youtube sensation that is Alan Partridge you must watch immediately, I believe he is a roll model to Fury for one reason or another.

Like I said, Fury boxes cautiously from the off, peppering an assault like battery of jab pumping defence loath to open up himself but utilising quick sharp double and triple jabs, trying to set a pace he can not possibly keep up for 4 rounds never mind 12. The jab really is his best defence to keep Klitschko at bay but ultimately holes will appear over the course of the early rounds and will not take Wlad long to circumvent Fury's long reaching jab which simply hasn't a great deal of authority, unlike Klitschko whom as soon as he is in front on the cards utilises his own jab as not only a power punch but an effective means of defence also.

For me the best way to defeat Wlad is power and the tactics utilised by Jennings, coming up low and hard under the the jab with all measure of punches, Povetkin tried this but was not allowed to really implement his game plan. Wlad is too cumbersome, oafish and most importantly too big to try the same tactics, no way he can establish this. The very fact he is so big I just think it makes it all he more easier for Klitschko has he hasn't to look far to land chopping crosses and thunderous straight rights, the way Fury backs up after being touched his balance looks awful and he will be chopped down by a hook whilst off balance.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Wrong about what exactly? That Fury would give Wlad a good fight?

Yes of course I can. As I said, and you can quote me on this. Whichever way Wlad wins against Fury I think Fury will still be one of the best opponents he's faced. It doesn't matter if it's a 10 second KO or 12 round split decision. Certain fights go certain ways.

When did I say he was overrated? You are making stuff up that I've never said. Even the Klitschko fanboys can testament to me saying continuously over the years that Wlad could have been a champion in any era. I have called him an ATG heavyweight for a while now. I just think he's so incredibly boring I want to scratch my eyes out after the first round of everyone of his fights. I know you're new to the forum, so you haven't followed me or these discussions for very long.

Ah, yes that's the easy way to go. So you're saying Fury is a useless lump of meat now. If he gives Wlad a fight then suddenly he's not so bad. Why isn't it that maybe Wlad wasn't as good? Total double standards there.

So he's gone from being a useless big oaf, to having the potential to be the next dominant heavyweight champion in a couple of posts?

Nuthuggertry at its finest.
          I said he has the natural attributes to be a champion, not he will be. With the correct tutelage he could potentially have reached his full potential for a guy his size, only he'd fight just like Wlad to protect his china chin, this of course for you be perfectly acceptable to you because he is British, I am sure you would not be scratching off your anus then.

If he gives Wlad a fight I underestimated him, I will have been wrong ! Is that an issue myself admitting I vastly underrated him ? Or you prefer me to say Wlad lost to an absolute can, Wlad must be over the hill ? I'm sorry but I'm not that guy, despite how much you want me to be or want to ridicule me for everything I have said to date I fall on my sword if Wlad is somehow overcome. To me it is just so far fetched and not plausible I refuse to dwell on the notion.

As I said before you're like one of these history revisionists.
          Last edited by Jewish-Reptile; 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I said he has the natural attributes to be a champion, not he will be. With the correct tutelage he could potentially have reached his full potential for a guy his size, only he'd fight just like Wlad to protect his china chin, this of course for you be perfectly acceptable to you because he is British, I am sure you would not be scratching off your anus then.
            Protect his china chin? You mean EXACTLY like Klitschko? Klitschko has been down 11-12 times in his career. Knocked out 3 times.

News, a fighter is able to be successful without being compared to Henry Akinwande in terms of entertainment.

That was a boxer in the 90s, just so you know.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Protect his china chin? You mean EXACTLY like Klitschko? Klitschko has been down 11-12 times in his career. Knocked out 3 times.

News, a fighter is able to be successful without being compared to Henry Akinwande in terms of entertainment.

That was a boxer in the 90s, just so you know.
              Exactly like Klitschko is what I mean, finely honing his defensive skills from the best in the game. Fury hasn't and never will have the tutelage of the man who could really have turned him into a Lewis Mk.3, we already saw the Mk.2 in Klitschko.

The height and reach of Fury had Steward gushing he could go on and have another ten year project right after his last ten year project (Klitschko), could he have made a difference absolutely yes, would he have possibly though by no means certain. I do not for one moment believe Fury would ever have the dedication of Klitschko and Lewis, Steward would have bad an uphill battle from the off.

Fury is on record yesterday talking of drugs should be introduced to the sport and he is clearly not using drugs as his body suggests, that is horse shyt of the highest order, he just hasn't the dedication or ability to live the life of the athlete giving his all to the sport. He lives the life of a slob out of the ring when not in camp, and as I said earlier he should look no further than Ricky Hatton as an example to realise if he wants to fulfil his true potential he has to devote himself to the sport wholeheartedly as Klitschko has. If he gave in and submitted to the sport he would reap the rewards and benefits, as he will not he will be nothing more than Ricky Hatton, just a nearly man, a title holder who's best win was over a faded former champion fighting his last career fight, the moment he stepped up to elite he was blown away. The story of Fury will be no different.

Comment

Exactly like Klitschko is what I mean, finely honing his defensive skills from the best in the game. Fury hasn't and never will have the tutelage of the man who could really have turned him into a Lewis Mk.3, we already saw the Mk.2 in Klitschko.

The height and reach of Fury had Steward gushing he could go on and have another ten year project right after his last ten year project (Klitschko), could he have made a difference absolutely yes, would he have possibly though by no means certain. I do not for one moment believe Fury would ever have the dedication of Klitschko and Lewis, Steward would have bad an uphill battle from the off.

Fury is on record yesterday talking of drugs should be introduced to the sport and he is clearly not using drugs as his body suggests, that is horse shyt of the highest order, he just hasn't the dedication or ability to live the life of the athlete giving his all to the sport. He lives the life of a slob out of the ring when not in camp, and as I said earlier he should look no further than Ricky Hatton as an example to realise if he wants to fulfil his true potential he has to devote himself to the sport wholeheartedly as Klitschko has. If he gave in and submitted to the sport he would reap the rewards and benefits, as he will not he will be nothing more than Ricky Hatton, just a nearly man, a title holder who's best win was over a faded former champion fighting his last career fight, the moment he stepped up to elite he was blown away. The story of Fury will be no different.
                How do you know? Do you know Fury outside of the ring? Or are you making assumptions?

You know what they say about people who assume.. here's a hint. They're idiots.

How the hell was Ricky Hatton a "title holder?". Dude, you clearly don't know much about boxing and especially its history. So don't go there.

Comment

. Fury hasn't and never will have the tutelage of the man who could really have turned him into a Lewis Mk.3, we already saw the Mk.2 in Klitschko.
                  Ha.

I respect Wlad a lot and he's been a good champion but don't ever call him Lewis Mk.2.

They're nothing alike. Prime Lewis would have beaten both brothers in the same night. He did Vitali in 6 rounds by smashing his face in and he was already finished and out of shape.

Can't wait for Fury to flatten that big stiff robot and take your points in the process. Hope you remembered the bet.

Also, Hatton "a nearly man"? ....Hatton was a very, very good 140 fighter. The best in his division at the time. Maybe he wasn't Elite like Floyd or somebody, but he was a true world class fighter in his time. Prime Hatton would have wiped the floor with someone like Danny Garcia.
                  Last edited by deathofaclown; 11-24-2015, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• I don't expect a great deal of offense from either of them, to be honest. In fact, it may wind up being a drab fight. Certainly I think Fury's size means Klitschko will fight defensive. It's also quite possible that Fury will go the same route than many of the big talkers Wlad has faced went: the do-nothing route. I'm thinking it'll be a comfortable points win for Klitschko, although like you fine gentlemen I will be happy to admit I'm wrong if and when Klitschko ruins Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by te18 View Post
                      I don't expect a great deal of offense from either of them, to be honest. In fact, it may wind up being a drab fight. Certainly I think Fury's size means Klitschko will fight defensive. It's also quite possible that Fury will go the same route than many of the big talkers Wlad has faced went: the do-nothing route. I'm thinking it'll be a comfortable points win for Klitschko, although like you fine gentlemen I will be happy to admit I'm wrong if and when Klitschko ruins Tyson.
                      I assume Klitschko will knock Fury down midrounds and KO late rounds

Comment

Working...
                      X