Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Argueello 1 Revisited..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Oh yes, my favourite. Him and Carlos Monzon.

I watched Boxing in the 60's but I was very young and didn't really know what was going on

In the 70's, in my teens, I really started following hardcore. And Arguello and Monzon are the two that made the 70's great, for me.
    Again those are not bad picks..Both have had tons of epic fights,great to have a fav fighter like those guys..When you go back to watch tape on them your never disappointed and always well pleased at what ya see..Monzon and Arguello are Warriors,funny neither are my favs..But their fights are easy on the eyes,so if ones on you'll never turn it off(lol)...I miss fighters like those guys,boxing has surely change over the yrs that's for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
      Interesting..... I always thought it was Harold Johnson
      He's my #3

He's definitely up there with Arguello and Monzon but I actually witnessed Arguello and Monzon and followed their career whereas I only had tapes and tales of Johnson so they hold a closer place to my heart.

Those 3 and Dick Tiger are my all time favourite fighters.

Comment

The right hand Argueello landed in the 12th should have put Pryor on queer street..I don't know what either guy was using for a chin..

Comment

30 years later and its still the greatest fight of all time. Hagler vs Hearns number 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
            30 years later and its still the greatest fight of all time. Hagler vs Hearns number 2.
            What about SRL Duran 1 or JLC Corrales...I think all four could make a top 5 all time fights list...

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
              What about SRL Duran 1 or JLC Corrales...I think all four could make a top 5 all time fights list...
              All good fights but the skill, boxing ability, punching power, grit and determination over a 14 round period is unmatched. In my opinion but than again who am I?

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                All good fights but the skill, boxing ability, punching power, grit and determination over a 14 round period is unmatched. In my opinion but than again who am I?
                Ya sound like a boxing fan who knows what he's talking about...

Comment

Working...
                X