No announcement yet.

Top 10 fighter by social impact

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great list.

I would have Pacquiao on the list. First and only 8-division champ. Polarizing figure known around the world. His impressive charitable contributions and career as a Senator make him one of the most unique standouts in modern boxing.

Lomachenko is on his way. 396-1 as amateur and gold medal winner in two weight classes.

Lomachenko holds several all-time records for winning major world championships in the fewest number of professional fights: he won a world title in his third fight (tied with Saensak Muangsurin), became a two-weight champion in his seventh fight, and a three-weight champion in his twelfth fight

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Great list.

I would have Pacquiao on the list. First and only 8-division champ. Polarizing figure known around the world. His impressive charitable contributions and career as a Senator make him one of the most unique standouts in modern boxing.

Lomachenko is on his way. 396-1 as amateur and gold medal winner in two weight classes.

Lomachenko holds several all-time records for winning major world championships in the fewest number of professional fights: he won a world title in his third fight (tied with Saensak Muangsurin), became a two-weight champion in his seventh fight, and a three-weight champion in his twelfth fight

Good call on Manny.

But Lomachenko???

Comment

Originally posted by Elim Garak View Post
        Good call on Manny.

But Lomachenko???
        He won two gold medals for his country and is doing a lot of great things that haven't been done before in boxing. He certainly has the potential to be a socially significant fighter.

Comment

He won two gold medals for his country and is doing a lot of great things that haven't been done before in boxing. He certainly has the potential to be a socially significant fighter.
          I would agree.
          There is some potential for significance there..

I say Elly Pical for similar reasons.

Comment

Klitschko brothers, namely Vitali, went above and beyond his impact in Ukraine.

Comment

Working...
            X