No announcement yet.

Is Amir Khan a gate keeper /journeyman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    He has not been a world champ since 2011..hasnt beaten anyone relevant since I guess..Alexander??? who was not even a top ww then..So honestly when was his last BIG WIN??

Devon Alexander was a top 10 welterweight when Khan absolutely dominated him and won every single round. If you don't think he poses a threat to any of the welterweight top fighters right now in Matthysse, Garcia, Thurman or porter than you obviously don't know much.

Comment

Mayweather ducked Khan.... FACT

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
        He has not been a world champ since 2011..hasnt beaten anyone relevant since I guess..Alexander??? who was not even a top ww then..So honestly when was his last BIG WIN??
        Its a good question. I think the next few fights will tell, he has an ability to fight beyond himself sometimes, he has these out of skin performances that people don't see coming. He played with Judah, Collazo, Devon, and that is nothing to shirk at. He also has some some below par performances and lapses in concentration, Algieri and Peterson were below par, and Garcia and Canelo were a combination of concentration and the wrong mindset in my opinion.

His talent is undeniable though - and that talent makes him intriguing and extremely dangerous for all these guys. If he puts a performance together on the night, his ceiling is very high.

Comment

Not the biggest Khan's fan but if anyone thinks he's a journeyman knows nothing about boxing...he has ample of skills but lacks a few qualities to become an elite..

Comment

Originally posted by Shane1091 View Post
            Not the biggest Khan's fan but if anyone thinks he's a journeyman knows nothing about boxing...he has ample of skills but lacks a few qualities to become an elite..
            Larry is just trolling

Comment

Working...
            X