Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Artur Beterbiev cracked Andre Kuleska physical training!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    like how beterbiev declined kovalev? well now hes got a shot at one of his old belts. taking the easy way paid off. congrats i guess?
    he ducked a guy hes beaten twice?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
      Lol. Have you even seen the size difference between the two (Usyk and Beterbiev) when both fought each other in the amateurs? Usyk looked significantly bigger in size. So no, he isn't that big to be an appropriate cruiserweight. Light heavyweight is the more appropriate weight division for him.
      Beterbiev hurt Usyk multiple times in the amateurs, he's dropped him with body shots and has hurt him to the head even with headgear.

The amateur scoring style favored Usyk's style more, if it'd been a pro fight it would've been Beterbiev winning.

Usyk has been hit regularly in the pros including his last fight and rocked by lesser boxers/punchers than Beterbiev.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
        Beterbiev hurt Usyk multiple times in the amateurs, he's dropped him with body shots and has hurt him to the head even with headgear.

The amateur scoring style favored Usyk's style more, if it'd been a pro fight it would've been Beterbiev winning.

Usyk has been hit regularly in the pros including his last fight and rocked by lesser boxers/punchers than Beterbiev.

I'm not denying that! That's mainly because Artur Beterbiev is an exceptional puncher. That doesn't necessarily make him a natural cruiserweight or any less of a light heavyweight. There are rare natural light heavyweights that exist who are exceptional power punchers that possess the power to drop and stop natural cruiser-weights. That doesn't automatically mean cruiser-weight would be the most suitable weight division for them.

Artur Beterbiev compared to the big cruiser-weights is significantly smaller in size. Light heavyweight is the more suitable weight division for him. At least from current showings.

Comment

I'm not denying that! That's mainly because Artur Beterbiev is an exceptional puncher. That doesn't necessarily make him a natural cruiserweight or any less of a light heavyweight. There are rare natural light heavyweights that exist who are exceptional power punchers that possess the power to drop and stop natural cruiser-weights. That doesn't automatically mean cruiser-weight would be the most suitable weight division for them.

Artur Beterbiev compared to the big cruiser-weights is significantly smaller in size. Light heavyweight is the more suitable weight division for him. At least from current showings.
          Cruiserweights are big and may hit hard, but the accuracy of their punches, and overall skill leaves much to be desired.

There is a reason why guys like Bellew and Vlasov have cracked the top 10 at cruiser and have KO'd guys never stopped before.

There is a reason why Miranda could go 10 with Dorticos, eat flush punches and give him a more competitive fight than Kudryashov.

There is a reason why old man RJJ was able to survive so long against Lebedev and even rock him.

Lebedev is barely 5'11, has a shorter reach and at 38 took probably the most physically imposing guy in the division, Gassiev to a SD.

Increased weight=increased durability
          Small target=hard to hit, easy to get countered by
          Smaller fighter=faster reaction time, faster speed, more accurate puncher, means he's going to put it on your chin

These cruisers are big, but easy to hit, aren't that accurate with their punches and are relatively slow punchers which makes them easy to counter. Plus there isn't really any defensive wizard, Usyk probably has the best defense but even his is heavily flawed.
          Last edited by Cutthroat; 10-31-2017, 02:48 PM.

Comment

WTF is this?
            French, pardon me, Canadian for the masses?

Comment

Cruiserweights are big and may hit hard, but the accuracy of their punches, and overall skill leaves much to be desired.

There is a reason why guys like Bellew and Vlasov have cracked the top 10 at cruiser and have KO'd guys never stopped before.

There is a reason why Miranda could go 10 with Dorticos, eat flush punches and give him a more competitive fight than Kudryashov.

There is a reason why old man RJJ was able to survive so long against Lebedev and even rock him.

Lebedev is barely 5'11, has a shorter reach and at 38 took probably the most physically imposing guy in the division, Gassiev to a SD.

Increased weight=increased durability
              Small target=hard to hit, easy to get countered by
              Smaller fighter=faster reaction time, faster speed, more accurate puncher, means he's going to put it on your chin

These cruisers are big, but easy to hit, aren't that accurate with their punches and are relatively slow punchers which makes them easy to counter. Plus there isn't really any defensive wizard, Usyk probably has the best defense but even his is heavily flawed.

You made lots of points there. Most of which I agree with. However, I have no idea what the implications of your points are.

Comment

You made lots of points there. Most of which I agree with. However, I have no idea what the implications of your points are.
                Beterbiev should gain all those qualities, increased durability, the advantage of being a small target, and his power should carry up. RJJ, Vlasov, Miranda, Bellew, these are 4 fighters that have shown something at the weight that makes me believe a significantly better Beterbiev could as well.

Comment

Beterbiev should gain all those qualities, increased durability, the advantage of being a small target, and his power should carry up. RJJ, Vlasov, Miranda, Bellew, these are 4 fighters that have shown something at the weight that makes me believe a significantly better Beterbiev could as well.
                  Who knows? It's possible! However, he still has unfinished business at 175 pounds to finish off first.

Comment

Beterbiev is a vampire maybe?

Comment

Working...
                    X