Collapse
No announcement yet.

R.I.P HBO Boxing 1973-2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Canelo loses I can totally see them scraping the HBO Sports division and use that money for more original programming.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
      It never ceases to amaze me how dumb people are. You're celebrating the end of hbo boxing, which is idiotic in itself, but then you also whine like a little b1tch about Arum. What are you gonna watch if both of them go away? Twice a year PBC card until Haymon runs out of money?

Little emo morons on this forum.
      Can't disagree.

Comment

It would be a tragedy. The sport wouldn't feel the same anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          It never ceases to amaze me how dumb people are. You're celebrating the end of hbo boxing, which is idiotic in itself, but then you also whine like a little b1tch about Arum. What are you gonna watch if both of them go away? Twice a year PBC card until Haymon runs out of money?

Little emo morons on this forum.
          Not sure how my post is considered celebrating. They had a good run. But the writing is on the wall

Comment

this was a dope card. **** you talkin about? There's always another fight to make...........Inoue-Visai

Comment

They been saying that **** ever since PBC came about mostly by the pro-black movement. HBO still will have their regular scheduled boxing shows and you'll keep watching them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sicario* View Post
                They been saying that **** ever since PBC came about mostly by the pro-black movement. HBO still will have their regular scheduled boxing shows and you'll keep watching them.
                You actually like pbc has been around for a decade lol. All the clues are there I'll be shocked if they have any cards in 2019

Comment

Originally posted by WARQUEZ View Post
                  If Canelo loses I can totally see them scraping the HBO Sports division and use that money for more original programming.
                  I personally see networks going for the more short term approach when hyping fighters, a bit like the UFC does. They might start hyping actual hype jobs even more than in the past, get 2 or 3 fights out of them and move onto the next one. I know creating hype jobs has always been part of boxing but I could see how they will do it more because in some ways, it's more of a quick money spinner rather than investing long term without any certainty.

If they do get a long term PPV star, it will just be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                    You actually like pbc has been around for a decade lol. All the clues are there I'll be shocked if they have any cards in 2019
                    lol prime boxing cherries just got started and they went broke already and lost their tv deals with espn and spike. don't be surprised when they are no longer around in 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
                      It will still be around and you'll keep watching their fights like tonight. Praying for a network's downfall even in a subtle way is a little pathetic by a so-called boxing fan. Just be happy we are getting fights that are competitive.

Comment

Working...
                      X