Andre Ward is a great fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Undisputed Champion

Originally posted by pretty ste View Post
    I know he beat kovalev y'all will never get over it ward will cement his legacy after the fight
    Humm! To ciment his legacy, he must become Undisputed in his division, which is simple. Just One single fight against Stevenson. Look, if SOG Ward is the best, he shouldn't duck; Right!...

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      and has no idea about prize fighting.
      Dude, this is a really, really absurd statement.

Andre Ward has lived and breathed the sport of boxing since he was literally a child. Can you go ahead and quantify the credentials you have when it comes to the sport of boxing to be able to validate such a statement?

Andre Ward is a two weight world champion, a perennial mainstay on the pound for pound list, between 2009 and 2015 held the unified WBA and WBC and was recognized by just about any and everyone as the world's undisputed top Super Middleweight; since 2015 has held the unified WBA, IBF, and WBO Light Heavyweight titles, won the Olympic Gold in 2004...but he don't know **** about being a prize fighter?!?

What the f**k??

Comment

Ward gets hated on bc he isn't flashy or a ko artist. He boxes for decisions. He wins decisions. Haters can hate all they want but their fav fighters won't get a decision against him, not bc he bought off refs but bc he is a classically trained elite level boxer.

Comment

... Ward is a highly intelligent and an extremely gifted athlete (NB: I didn't say "boxer")... Unfortunately for him, Hunter (who trains him from childhood) didn't advise him to undertake a right shoulder surgery early -- hence, Ward never developed a proper "right hand" and was forced into an inverted southpaw stance...

Last edited by MDPopescu; 06-09-2017, 03:10 AM. Reason: *

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            I rate him but he isn't better than Mayweather nor did he beat Kovalev in my eye.

This^^^^^. He's very skilled but not to the level of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... Ward is a highly intelligent and an extremely gifted athlete (NB: I didn't say "boxer")... Unfortunately for him, Hunter (who trains him from childhood) didn't advise him to undertake a right shoulder surgery early -- hence, Ward never developed a proper "right hand" and was forced into an inverted southpaw stance...

I didn't know that, good info

Comment

He needs a convincing win against Kov this time around and beat Stevenson. Beat Joe Smith for good measure

I know if he does beat them the nay sayers will say that he already had lost and Stevenson was old.

Comment

He's no where near Mayweather.

Comment

To me he's done exactly what a p4p fighter should do. Clear put your division, move up, and fight the best. Yet the usual suspects **** on him every chance they get when he's done nothing but represent this sport magnificently.

Comment

Undoubtedly. I thought Kov beat him but his resume and skills speak for themselves. Like most greats , people won't truly acknowledge how good he was until he retires.

Comment

Working...
                      X