No announcement yet.

listen up..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• listen up..

ok im 20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and i weigh 360 lbs...

ive been boxing for about a year and a half now...

me and my buddies have "fight nights" where we put on gloves and fight 3x3 min rounds

so far ive been to about 10 of these and won most of my bouts... (you can either win by KO, mercy rule (buddies stop it) or at the end of the 3 rounds who is most damaged)

but i need advice: i have KO power in both hands, and i can def. take a hit but i need advice on building speed as i dont have much...

so what should i do to build up speed????

also, my buddies tell me i am a pretty good boxer, they say i should look into pro boxing, how do i get into this and how is it arranged?? like do two guys agree on a time, place and cash reward and just fight, or are there regulations and regestration fees etc....

also, what are the weight categories, is it just lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight or is there more

also, is pro boxing easy? i figured it might be as its only hands, no kicking or wrestling and i can take a hit so it shouldnt be too hard right?

thanks in advance
    Last edited by THATRUGANGSTA; 08-30-2008, 09:58 PM.

10 backyard fights? Yeah I'd say that you're ready to turn pro.

You might want to bulk up a bit though, you are only 260lbs which is a bit light for a guy who is 5'10.

Comment

Originally posted by THATRUGANGSTA View Post
      ok im 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and i weigh 260 lbs...

me and my buddies have "fight nights" where we put on gloves and fight 3x3 min rounds

so far ive been to about 10 of these and won most of my bouts... (you can either win by KO, mercy rule (buddies stop it) or at the end of the 3 rounds who is most damaged)

but i need advice: i have KO power in both hands, and i can def. take a hit but i need advice on building speed as i dont have much...

also, my buddies tell me i am a pretty good boxer, they say i should look into pro boxing, how do i get into this and how is it arranged?? like do two guys agree on a time, place and cash reward and just fight, or are there regulations and regestration fees etc....

also, what are the weight categories, is it just lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight or is there more

also, is pro boxing easy? i figured it might be as its only hands, no kicking or wrestling and i can take a hit so it shouldnt be too hard right?

thanks in advance
      you have lots to learn my man. boxing is not easy. its definatley not like what your friends do. join a gym first and then decide. and yes there are more weights then the 3 you names. like 11 others or something.good luck.

Comment

ok im 20 years old, 5 feet 10 inches tall and i weigh 260 lbs...

thanks in advance
        Pro boxing is very easy. If you can take a hit and have power in both hands join a gym and start fighting. Mercy rule will win you most bouts. Start dropping bricks on your head for conditioning and The cash reward depends on how many bricks you can drop on your head. Every brick is $100. To build speed lift plenty of heavy weights to condition your muscles. Good luck mate we believe in your ability

Comment

you idiots actually take this seriously?

Comment

no but it's always in good fun until some idiot, like yourself, spoils the joke

Comment

What's sad is if this guy takes this advice seriously

Comment

dude ur **** we all know that were all takein the piss outa of u ur nt even amtuear there prob takein the **** out of u u crnt even fit boots on ur feet will be to fat u crnt go pro ur weight is to much the scales will break and they dnt weight that much uv not even had an actually fight ull neva go pro jus get the **** out

Comment

dude ur **** we all know that were all takein the piss outa of u ur nt even amtuear there prob takein the **** out of u u crnt even fit boots on ur feet will be to fat u crnt go pro ur weight is to much the scales will break and they dnt weight that much uv not even had an actually fight ull neva go pro jus get the **** out
                  it's a joke, just a joke, don't take it serious just try to laugh it off.

Comment

ok im 20 years old, 5 feet 9 inches tall and i weigh 360 lbs...

thanks in advance
                    Man band his fat ass and normans fat ass 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X