No announcement yet.

American flag burned outside LA office of congresswoman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] American flag burned outside LA office of congresswoman

A small crowd that gathered Thursday outside the Los Angeles office of U.S. Rep. Maxine Waters to counter an expected protest by a self-styled militia group burned an American flag taken from the back of a pickup truck.

The incident happened after the far-right Oath Keepers group didn't appear at the office after saying it would rally against the congresswoman.

A group of counter-protesters there to support Waters were chanting "black power" and other slogans when the pickup approached.

The vehicle, occupied by two men who appeared to be white, was stopped by the crowd. Some marchers opened the doors and one grabbed the flag flying on a pole in the bed of the truck, which sped off.

The flag was stepped on and lit on fire as someone stoked the flames. A few people cheered and someone yelled, "This is not the American flag, this is their flag."

No one was injured or arrested. Police wouldn't immediately say whether they were investigating.

Attempts to reach a representative for Waters were unsuccessful.

The congresswoman, an outspoken critic of President Donald Trump, sparked anger among conservatives after she called on the public to "push back" on administration officials spotted in public.

The Oath Keepers called Waters a "protest terrorist inciter" and said members intended to "stand against terrorism, stand for freedom of speech and association, in support of ICE/Border Patrol as they enforce constitutional immigration laws."

The gathering was planned for the early afternoon but police said then that authorities had been informed by Oath Keepers that the demonstration was called off.

"The Oath Keepers would like nothing more than to inflame racial tensions and create an explosive conflict in our community," Waters said in a statement a day earlier urging counter-protesters to stay away.

A few dozen counter-protesters including union workers, church leaders, South Los Angeles residents and members of activist groups gathered peacefully outside the office at midday. Some held signs proclaiming "Black, brown and labor unity!" and "Resist!"

"These people are coming here to cause problems," said Cliff Smith, an organizer with United Union of Roofers Waterproofers and Allied Workers Local No. 36. "Violent right wing groups have no business here."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/american-...224140559.html

Interesting...

Btw, I'll be driving by Victorville in two plus months, and I won't be visiting anyone there. Picture me Rollin

Comment

I'm seriously okay with selling California back to Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
        Interesting...

Btw, I'll be driving by Victorville in two plus months, and I won't be visiting anyone there. Picture me Rollin
        How long will you be in Ca for Z?

Comment

Maxine has become the face of the violent far left movement. This is expected given the nationalist movement Trump stoked.

Comment

Interesting...

got some family member at USP victorville serving a life sentence over the sale of drugs smh. a life sentence for that! and these rapist, murderers gets to run free after serving 5 or so years only. hella off topic but shiiets just been on my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              got some family member at USP victorville serving a life sentence over the sale of drugs smh. a life sentence for that! and these rapist, murderers gets to run free after serving 5 or so years only. hella off topic but shiiets just been on my mind.
              Theres a whole lot of that in federal prison. I knew an inmate that did 20yrs for 1 felony drug conspiracy. This only crime on his record beside a misdemeanor. He was in a transfer unit I was working in. In this transfer unit we'd also have Child molesters constantly because theyre security risks. Anyways, most of these child molesters had a quarter of what that man had.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                How long will you be in Ca for Z?
                A month minimum. ****ed up part is the sheer size of America..

My family(idiots) and wife think LA/Victorville are next to each other...

I gotta meet a few dudes, and let them buy me lunch...then drive up the state, cross into a few states, do phone sex with my melonish tall wife...and deal with family issues...

I got this crazy reoccurring dream of me throwing the steering wheel off a rental, from ERAC(enterprise rent a car) I wrote that bs like 15 years ago..time flies,.. Too ****ing fast... Bad times, they linger...they actually do... Good times soon end.. Friend ships..

I got great friends,.. ****ed up family.. But God gave me exactly what I needed.

Comment

Maxine Waters has been voted the most corrupt politician on numerous occasions and she has never done anything to genuinely help out the district she represents but doesn't live in.

Comment

A month minimum. ****ed up part is the sheer size of America..

My family(idiots) and wife think LA/Victorville are next to each other...

I gotta meet a few dudes, and let them buy me lunch...then drive up the state, cross into a few states, do phone sex with my melonish tall wife...and deal with family issues...

I got this crazy reoccurring dream of me throwing the steering wheel off a rental, from ERAC(enterprise rent a car) I wrote that bs like 15 years ago..time flies,.. Too ****ing fast... Bad times, they linger...they actually do... Good times soon end.. Friend ships..

I got great friends,.. ****ed up family.. But God gave me exactly what I needed.
                    If theres any good fights on while you are down, PM me. We can get a beer.

Comment

Working...
                    X