Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really $125m worth of fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isn't that the total budget for the EVENTs?

Only fraction of that goes to the fighter, the rest is the cost of doing business and everyone getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
      Isn't that the total budget for the EVENTs?

Only fraction of that goes to the fighter, the rest is the cost of doing business and everyone getting paid.
      Hearn was on record saying he can afford a Ward-Kovalev fight as a regular show.

Correct, there is alot more other expenses such as production, staffing etc.

Makes you question how much is actually being spent on fighters and how much goes in Hearn's pockets.

Comment

The initial rollout was a disappointment

AJ
        Vargas
        Andrade
        Miller
        Taylor

While I’m a fan of Andrade & Vargas , while they’re all talented none of the fighters listed move the needle

I have a tough time believing this current lineup entices fans to sign up

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
          My take is if he failed to unveil them at the first announcement, chances of it happening in future are slim.
          I have to second that, why would he have the big unveiling now only to reveal the heavy hitters at a later date.

Comment

Of course it isn't a good sign and he badly wanted a headliner at his unveiling, but still possible for him to get some big names. The problem is there is no proof of concept at the moment so the big names aren't going to make a jump until seeing how this all works out. I would caution them at least early on there will be less than a hundred thousand subscribers. In a way, Hearn's success goes hand in hand with what other major sports rights DAZN obtains. Only problem with that? When NBA and NFL digital rights open up, it will be 2021 and Hearn only has a two year deal at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by 2fast2strong View Post
              I have to second that, why would he have the big unveiling now only to reveal the heavy hitters at a later date.
              that's all he's managed to acquire up until now in the first month of negotiations , he's hoping he will use these fighters and the announcement of the platform as leverage to attract more fighters, tbh it was unlikely that a big marquee name would take the plunge to DAZN before getting a jist as to whether it was going to be successful. I believe it has a good chance of been successful based on what it currently has on the platform and knowing that this is only a fraction of the content DAZN plans to provide and a fraction of the fighters hearn intends to sign. but if you want to hate and look for the negatives that's easy to do. I'm british but have no great affection for Hearn and it doesnt benefit me in anyway if he fails or succeeds, but as a BOXING FAN. you should get behind it and embrace it as should every US fight fan. if you want to be tribal and nationalistic then thats FINE when it comes to AJvsWILDER etc but for the sport to be a success and continue its regeneration we need to support these sort of things cos what TRUE BOXING fan would not pay $9.99 a month for what we have coming up in the WBSS?????????? never mind the additional content. the only reason it wouldnt interest me is because i use my phone and a normal tv with sky, i wouldnt want to pay to watch fights on my tiny phone screen i dont have a smart tv or ipad. If this platform is a success you get to see more fights which is all a boxing fan could ask for, more content!

Comment

He probably had to overpay to get some guys on board, they're taking a chance signing with a new brand, nobody knows how it's gonna do. He said he's still working on that marquee signing, I'm starting to think it might be ma boy One Time.

Comment

Originally posted by artfuL_ View Post
                  -Katie Taylor (lol)
                  Why the "lol"? Katie is worth her weight in gold. Very entertaining fighter.

Comment

just wanna see good fights

Comment

haymon may throw hearn some bones...as others have mentioned haymon has a ton of guys to find dates/work for....vargas is a decent name and a decent fighter...but nothing showtime is going to cry about not having on their network

showtime has been faithful and done well breeding the top guy...spence, wilder, charlos.....al is not going to steer any of those guys towards hearn....he has a good relationship with Espinoza...they've both treated each other well

Comment

Working...
                      X