This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --- Manny vs Matthysse.

Not the overwhelming beatdown as opined, but a signature manny performance over a dangerous puncher and longtime top 10 fighter.

The stylistic matchup was always gonna favor Manny, but Matt hung tough against some sharp shots before suddenly crumbling. Mosely always had a good chin talked about how manny could pop him out of the blue to make him dizzy.

I'd also gather not only is Matthysse eye done, but his punch resistance is reduced. He landed a few good shots, so maybe return home for a soft swan song.

Seeya next year Manny, against Loma? Been some mcgregor talk as well. Gotta survive another year of dangerous Filipino politics though.

Comment

• Ward Kovalev II

Comment

• Originally posted by miamike View Post
        Ward Kovalev II
        --- A travesty of boxing.

Watched the Usyk/Gassiev masterclass and glad of it.

Comment

• Marvin Hagler v Doug Demming

Roy Jones v Fermín Chirino

Rubén Cárter v Jimmy Ellis

Comment

• Its not exactly legend or ancient history but I love watching Chisora v Whyte. Love a slugfest. Hope they go again.

Comment

• Ross Puritty vs Wlad again.

Comment

• I watched Garcia vs Porter which is held at Brooklyn, New York. I'm waiting for upcoming match.

Comment

• Calzaghe-Kessler. Excellent fight, underrated really. Kessler was really in his prime. Confident, unbeaten and this is before he started getting injured all the time. Good jab, big punch and he actually had some good rounds early but Calzaghe took it to another level, even hurt him to the body and out jabbed him and just had too much and ended up winning fairly wide.

Calzaghe was a great fighter who doesn't get anywhere near the credit he should get IMO.

Comment

• Watched Ivan Robinson vs Juan Negron & Kelly Pavlik vs Edison Miranda, fun fights

Comment

• Just watched Tito vs Vargas. CLASSIC, a great, entertaining fight but didn't like the amount of low blows though

Comment

Working...
                      X