No announcement yet.

Scoring: Clay-Liston I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugarj View Post
    I personally think Foreman was on his way to being jobbed in Africa, if the fight went to points.

But I think the scoring after 6 rounds of the first Liston was fair. The only rounds that 'Clay' dominated for me were the 1st and 6th. He did have a pretty spectacular first half of the third round (the one that is often shown on most highlight reels), but Liston did finish that round fairly well and might have evened it up to some observers. The 2nd and 4th rounds were fairly close, but Liston clearly dominated the 5th while Clay's eyes were full of that caustic chemical.
    Really? I don't see how Foreman vs Ali was anything but very equal and Ali taking over as the fight went on more and more. If the fight had gone to the 8th round without a KD, I had it 4-3-1 to Ali.

Comment

--- 4-3-1 ain't taking over.

Plus the fight had been rigged in Ali's favor by Sadler and Dundee. And the ref who gives him an 8 second count and waves him off after he'd arisen.

Ali was down for a 30 count and helped to his stool and suffered permanent damage according to Pacheco.

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post

Plus the fight had been rigged in Ali's favor by Sadler and Dundee. And the ref who gives him an 8 second count and waves him off after he'd arisen.

Ali was down for a 30 count and helped to his stool and suffered permanent damage according to Pacheco.
        Down for a 30 count? When? Got any video proof?

Comment

--- ok, then, we got a noob ain't never seen the fight.

Figures...

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            The legend of the Rope a Dope.
            Ali admitted in the documentary 'Champions Forever' that he'd have been 'finished' if he carried on dancing, as he had in round one.

It must have taken guts to make such an adjustment so early on, against such an incredible puncher.

I gather that Ali was in quite some discomfort in the days after the fight. Foreman's body attacks at times didn't look much fun to absorb.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Really? I don't see how Foreman vs Ali was anything but very equal and Ali taking over as the fight went on more and more. If the fight had gone to the 8th round without a KD, I had it 4-3-1 to Ali.
              Like yourself, I had it 4:3 to Ali after 7.

Check out some of my other posts on this thread; one refers to the judges score cards. Out of a possible completed 21 rounds the judges (between them) only awarded 3 to Foreman!!!

Comment

Think you're mixing two fights up.

Comment

--- only one fight, Foreman down a timed 8 sec by espn, and Ali down approx 30 sec afterwards.

Necessarily a guestimate because he is surrounded by his team who lifts him up.

Comment

--- only one fight, Foreman down a timed 8 sec by espn, and Ali down approx 30 sec afterwards.

Necessarily a guestimate because he is surrounded by his team who lifts him up.
                    Ali did collapse after winning the third Frazier fight. I don't recall anything after the Foreman fight other than him being pretty fired up in the post fight interviews....

Comment

I remember QUEEN from years ago on the AOL forums. He spouted the same fabrications back then also. Just made up crap. He has no life so he tries to instigate debates just to annoy.

Foreman was counted out. It was timed TWICE the first airing of the bout on ABC wide world of sports several weeks after the fight occurred. Ali joined live while Foreman did not show up. George was counted out in proper fashion and was down for ten seconds. Ali in both his bouts with Foreman and Frazier 3 sat down on the canvas after the bouts end. What you see is a massive surge in the ring as soon as the bout ends. Everyone and their brother is trying to get to Ali, some are trying to grab him to lift him up in triumph. Ali wants nothing of it and gets visibly angry and purposely slips to the canvas on his butt to keep it from happening. That's it. In Queens mind Ali was down for 30 seconds. What a very sad excuse for a man.

Comment

Working...
                      X