Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hindsight 20/20: Did Canelo drop the WBC to get out of VADA testing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hindsight 20/20: Did Canelo drop the WBC to get out of VADA testing?

The WBC Clean Boxing Program started May 7th and fighters were to be enrolled within 90 days. Canelo beat Khan on the same day and dropped the belt two weeks later. He didn't wait for the WBC to strip him. He also had a major court case coming up that had the ability to bankrupt his promoter, Golden Boy. We know that didn't happen but I've always wondered why didn't Canelo ask the WBC to be named champion in recess until the trial was over and his future was clear.

Then his next fight was Liam Smith at 154, a weight he hadn't made in 3 years. He dropped VADA testing for that fight. And Eric Gomez lied about it.

Canelo signed to fight Chavez Jr and signed up for VADA testing. We now know Canelo has never been tested while training in Mexico. He moved his camp from Mexico to San Diego in April for that fight. About a month before the fight.

The GGG fight is signed and Canelo agrees to VADA testing but doesn't agree to fight for the WBC belt which would require year round drug testing. Once again, we know Canelo has never been tested in Mexico. And again he moves his camp to San Diego about a month before the fight.

Even though Canelo was ranked in the top 15 by the WBC leading up to the current fight he wasn't enrolled in the WBC clean boxing program. He was doing the VADA testing he and GGG agreed to.

You might be on to something here...

Triggered Clenelo fans in 3...2...1...

Comment

Oh man good catch

Comment

Everyone except Redd Foxx and a few mexicans think Canelo got caught cheating.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post

Even though Canelo was ranked in the top 15 by the WBC leading up to the current fight he wasn't enrolled in the WBC clean boxing program. He was doing the VADA testing he and GGG agreed to.
          Per Sulaiman on Twitter, since he was doing VADA, it counts as being in the WBC clean program. Now that he's not doing VADA, he's required to enroll in the WBC clean program, and he hasn't, yet the WBC still has him ranked and did not include his name on the list of names they provided the other day as fighters not enrolled.

But, I believe there is something to that, I mentioned this in a previous post. Canelo acted all offended at the WBC and dropped the belt to avoid year round testing.

Comment

How does this theory explain the WBA Fair Boxing programme, which is exactly the same as the equivalent WBC programme ?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              How does this theory explain the WBA Fair Boxing programme, which is exactly the same as the equivalent WBC programme ?
              Same program keeping tabs on Joshua?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                Has that program started? Is there anyway to confirm who is and who isn't on the list?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                  But, I believe there is something to that, I mentioned this in a previous post. Canelo acted all offended at the WBC and dropped the belt to avoid year round testing.
                  This is what Canelo said during the lead up to the first GGG fight. I thought the court case was a legit issue at the time. But I don't recall Canelo using it as an excuse. Instead he just vacated. Do you remember him saying anything about the court case before he vacated?

They made us look like we let the [WBC middleweight championship] title vacate or give it away to Golovkin. We had that legal thing in Miami. We were in court, and they wanted us to resolve everything [defend the WBC middleweight belt against Golovkin] while we were in court. So we had a lot of things going on, and they made us look like I gave the belt away because I was afraid. No, I’m not afraid of anyone. if that fight happens, it will be without the WBC belt. It will be for the other belts and that’s it, without the WBC. Why, because he acted wrong. How was he going to push for that when I had another problem, and forcing that problem, push, push and push,” said Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    This is what Canelo said during the lead up to the first GGG fight. I thought the court case was a legit issue at the time. But I don't recall Canelo using it as an excuse. Instead he just vacated. Do you remember him saying anything about the court case before he vacated?
                    No, not before he vacated, only after.

Comment

Working...
                    X