Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you describe Pacquiao fighting style?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
    Absolutely nothing. It just that fans and fighters who are used to watching orthodox fighters have trouble seeing things from a southpaw perspective. Couple with the fact that most casuals have a hard time identifying aggressive counter punchers in the first place and its no surprise that people have a hard time pinning down Pac's style.

He is an aggressive counter puncher.
    Manny has grown to be a pretty good counter puncher..but i would not label that as his style...but thats just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
      Manny has grown to be a pretty good counter puncher..but i would not label that as his style...but thats just my opinion
      I got to disagree even at the lower weights Manny has always needed his opponent to open up. Nothing frustrates Manny more than a high guard that isn't throwing.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        A boxer puncher who can be outboxed and beaten by good defensive counter punchers.
        Well put!!

Great post!

Comment

Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
          I got to disagree even at the lower weights Manny has always needed his opponent to open up. Nothing frustrates Manny more than a high guard that isn't throwing.
          A la cloth??

Comment

Young Pacman= buzzsaw

Elderly Pacman= Asleep in church.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx.. View Post
              He has always been a good counter puncher even in the lower weights. He was extremely raw and unrefined but that's what he did, drew people into firefights and exploited in the returns. Hell, even Mayweather commented on that's what Pac does "When he gets the guy, he goes crazy drilling him, drilling him. And the guy opens, Pacquiao throws the one shot and then he catches the guy. And that's what he do."

End of the day, if you have to label him one of the big 4 boxing types, hes a boxer-puncher. The confusion IMO comes from the fact that he uses tactics of swarmers/out-boxers/sluggers to make his own unique blend. That blend has changed over the years, moving from a slugger to more boxer. However, his most consistent tactic has been counter-punching and that has always been his most unappreciated, yet strongest, traits.
              Last edited by madsweeney; 03-21-2016, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Boxer/puncher. Has been for a while.

Comment

According to what Mayweather said, it's this.

Comment

He's an ambush fighter

Comment

Working...
                    X