Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why should the rematch be held in the UK?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why should the rematch be held in the UK?

If it's held in the UK not as many people are going to see it.

They won't make the same amount of revenue

The fight loses all it's momentum

Other than TUE exemptions tell my why the rematch should be held in the UK?

Is AJ that mentally weak that he needs the hometown advantage and hometown refs?

Apparently Ruiz signed some sort of agreement where the fight will have to be in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
      Apparently Ruiz signed some sort of agreement where the fight will have to be in the UK.
      Where did you hear that?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        If it's held in the UK not as many people are going to see it.

They won't make the same amount of revenue

The fight loses all it's momentum

Other than TUE exemptions tell my why the rematch should be held in the UK?

Is AJ that mentally weak that he needs the hometown advantage and hometown refs?
        Obviously AJ will decide where the rematch takes place, Ruiz will be on a flat fee so AJ will have to weigh up hometown advantage or more $ in the US. My guess is DAZN will offer big money to fight in the US that he won't be able to turn down.

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
          Obviously AJ will decide where the rematch takes place, Ruiz will be on a flat fee so AJ will have to weigh up hometown advantage or more $ in the US. My guess is DAZN will offer big money to fight in the US that he won't be able to turn down.
          What are those hometown advantages you speak of? You're basically saying AJ needs home cooking to win

Comment

UK fans are weird af man. They think having the average joe pay a ticket to a fight will create more gate and revenue than having a bunch of much richer people pay to get in. It's weird.

Another thing I wanna address about stupid UK fans is this.

If Majority of our American stars went to a college stadium at 35 a pop you don't think they would have 80 people show up? Not to mention that Eddie Hearn and Matchroom were buying every ticket and then reselling them which is why they sold out so quick. UK Fans are some of the most delusional people on the planet, they really thought Joshua was selling tickets faster than The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Drake or Adele...man gtfo

Comment

Plenty of money to be made holding it in the U.K. In fact, Ruiz will not earn a higher purse against any other opponent AND he would be accepting a greater risk by fighting Wilder, Fury, Parker for less money. Ruiz said he'd like the rematch to be in Mexico...talk about not making as much money. If he is willing to fight in Mexico, he should be willing to fight in the U.K. and give AJ the same opportunity that was extended to him.

Comment

only way I see it is if ruiz agreed to it, but it should be in Los angeles. but to be honest I don't see aj fixing his flaws and mental state that fast, he needs some work and a few fights maybe before fighting top comp

Comment

It should be in the UK because its a big fight and the UK is the home of HW boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    What are those hometown advantages you speak of? You're basically saying AJ needs home cooking to win
                    Maybe he does, maybe he'd just prefer not to travel and adjust to a different time zone and make Ruiz adjust.

Comment

Working...
                    X