Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder Manager Updates on Talks To Fight Ortiz, Joshua, Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BreWall View Post
    Translation: "See, I'm doing something. Don't blame us."

or, "Showtime is losing a lot of money and can't afford to stick with our plan." (Meaning, Luis Ortiz rematch, then Kownacki, then Ortiz again...)

Don't know what to make of this article. Finkel wants to be in control, but Wilder's star power is still lacking, thus no choice but to start reaching out on the other side of the street.
    Showtime can no longer afford spoiling the little brats, which included Spinoza. They tried to do it on their own without employing top UK fighters. But like you said the star power isn't there, not even close to the category of a Tyson or Lewis. The ratings are abysmal. They need AJ or Fury. They're realizing Ortiz or Kownacki won't cut it.

This is what it's all about. They're not giving anyone any favour. They could lose millions if they keep doing what they're doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by diplo View Post
      Since when in boxing does that sort of comparison make any difference? Joshua couldn't put Parker down. Whyte put him down twice. But Joshua KO'd Whyte. So what?

Same for those somehow making some sort of comparison of Joshua KOing Breazeale in the 7th, but Wilder KO'd him in 1. So what? What does that mean? Nothing.
      It's really frustrating trying to make sense of these Wilder fools.
      Some of them don't even see that he's ducking. Ortiz x 3 and Kownaki lmao.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        There is no blame that should be assigned to either side. That's the problem...folks gotta take sides or place blame.

Sorry, but the blame solely lies with Team Wilder.

They never built him up to be a star. They allowed him to do dumb shit like talking about killing people, scream at reporters, fight nobodies and cruiserweights whilst AJ went and collected belts, respect and reputation. Wilders PR management has been diabolical and it is costing him millions.

He's not worth the 50% he demands so his team are now trying to make up for lost time by exposing him to more eyes (taking him off PPV). Unfortunately they appear to be failing at that by drawing lower ratings than the Stiverne fight.

They haven't got the A side in the US like Mayweather, Canelo or Tyson and therefore they won't allow foreigners (AJ/Hearn/DAZN) to stage perhaps the biggest fight in decades at Vegas on their own soil unless it's for equal share of the fight.

In the meantime AJ is forced to wait until the suits (Haymon/Finkel/Espinoza) can make a fortune on the back of Wilder eventually, if ever, becoming worth $100m.

If they had matched him right and promoted him right from the start then he wouldn't be in this position of getting embarrassed by AJ outselling him in his own damn country. AJ is on the verge of selling out MSG, selling double the tickets at 3x the price of Wilder v Breazeale.

That's why we aren't getting the fight right now. They aren't willing to gamble that Wilder wins until they can get him into a position where he is equal to the drawing power of AJ which just isn't going to happen unless he goes on and destroys maybe two out of Kownacki, Whyte and Fury.

If Ortiz II really is the plan then we are going to be waiting even longer unless AJ is the one to bow to the currently unreasonable, financially unfair demands and allow the 50/50.
        Last edited by EnglishOxide; 05-25-2019, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Shirley is under pressure, not by fans, not by Hearn, not by anybody but Wilder.
          They (Winkel/Haymon/Spinoza) convinced the guy to stick around,

"I'm with the best team that delivered millions of $$$$$ to Mayweather."
          "I'm still loyal to Showtime..."
          "I can be as big as Tyson on my own..."

Unfortunately, his last fight didn't deliver mega ratings.
          So now Winkel is worried. Things are not working right.

Maybe they'll try one more time with the Luis Ortiz rematch.
          Seems pretty clear they're trying to avoid AJ just to show they don't need him.
          These are very emotional people. Their feelings get hurt easily.
          Very bad for business. Tsk tsk...
          Last edited by rickJen; 05-25-2019, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Shirley is under pressure, not by fans, not by Hearn, not by anybody but Wilder.
            They (Winkel/Haymon/Spinoza) convinced the guy to stick around,

"I'm with the best team that delivered millions of $$$$$ to Mayweather."
            "I'm still loyal to Showtime..."
            "I can be as big as Tyson on my own..."

Unfortunately, his last fight didn't deliver mega ratings.
            So now Winkel is worried. Things are not working right.

Maybe they'll try one more time with the Luis Ortiz rematch.
            Seems pretty clear they're trying to avoid AJ just to show they don't need him.
            These are very emotional people. Their feelings get hurt easily.
            Very bad for business. Tsk tsk...
            Hearn on Bob Arum's "doesn't know d1ck about promoting fights in the US" insult: "Doesn't stop me from negotiating fights with Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by diplo View Post
              No, EVERYONE doesn't know that. Ok give me reasons why they avoided that fight. FACT: Mayweather had more to lose.

because Bruce Trampler and Brad Goodman, as well as Arum himself..... ALL knew that a clean Manny Pacquiao could not beat Floyd Mayweather

and as we all saw, they were 100% correct

and YEP, that loss definitely would have affected Pacquiao's marketability

the very second Arum realized that Mayweather would never relinquish his testing demands, he knew that fight had to wait until the tail end of Manny's career.....

and like I said, when it became obvious that Arum and Pac were stalling..... with promises about building stadiums, and a series of ridiculous excuses followed by a string of average in-house Top Rank opponents..... pacfans started to blame "both" guys.....

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
                Sorry, but the blame solely lies with Team Wilder.

They never built him up to be a star. They allowed him to do dumb shit like talking about killing people, scream at reporters, fight nobodies and cruiserweights whilst AJ went and collected belts, respect and reputation. Wilders PR management has been diabolical and it is costing him millions.

He's not worth the 50% he demands so his team are now trying to make up for lost time by exposing him to more eyes (taking him off PPV). Unfortunately they appear to be failing at that by drawing lower ratings than the Stiverne fight.

They haven't got the A side in the US like Mayweather, Canelo or Tyson and therefore they won't allow foreigners (AJ/Hearn/DAZN) to stage perhaps the biggest fight in decades at Vegas on their own soil unless it's for equal share of the fight.

In the meantime AJ is forced to wait until the suits (Haymon/Finkel/Espinoza) can make a fortune on the back of Wilder eventually, if ever, becoming worth $100m.

If they had matched him right and promoted him right from the start then he wouldn't be in this position of getting embarrassed by AJ outselling him in his own damn country. AJ is on the verge of selling out MSG, selling double the tickets at 3x the price of Wilder v Breazeale.

That's why we aren't getting the fight right now. They aren't willing to gamble that Wilder wins until they can get him into a position where he is equal to the drawing power of AJ which just isn't going to happen unless he goes on and destroys maybe two out of Kownacki, Whyte and Fury.

If Ortiz II really is the plan then we are going to be waiting even longer unless AJ is the one to bow to the currently unreasonable, financially unfair demands and allow the 50/50.

EnglishMuffin.....

those fkn idiots Joshua and Hearn killed that fight when they had Wilder on the hook for $15m

$15m

Fast Eddie lost his diary, and Chicken Joshua lost his pen LMAO

when Hearn refused to supply a date and a signature, and included ridiculous impediments in the contract that made no sense at all..... it was clearly obvious who was ducking that fight

now, Team Bullshlt will have to enter that negotiation/fight on far more even terms

"There’s no doubt in my mind they don’t want to fight Deontay Wilder in April,” Finkel exclusively told World Boxing News.

“If they did, they wouldn’t have sent a contract with more impediments in it than the first time. I mean, they don’t even have their own lies together right now.

“Joshua said he’d send a signed contract that removed all impediments and that it would be signed by him, but the contract is not even signed by him – it’s signed by Eddie Hearn. Barry (Hearn) also sent a tweet out yesterday stating the contract was signed by ‘AJ’ but it’s not. And…added to that, they have now put more blocks on the rematch clause than before.

“In the original contract for a fight in 2018, Deontay rejected it because of the rematch clause only being in place for Joshua. Now, they’ve added that a rematch won’t take place if it’s a draw. I mean, there has to be a rematch if there’s a draw, they don’t even have their own story straight!

He continued: “The bottom line is, they don’t want to make the fight. They didn’t want to make it in September, and they don’t want to make it now – for April. If they did, they would have changed the things (Deontay was adverse to in the original contract) like Joshua said they would.

“Obviously, whether Joshua is afraid…or they are afraid, they are fooling the public regarding this fight. They are not looking to fight Deontay Wilder on April 13th.

“They are lying, they don’t want to fight April 13th or they wouldn’t have sent the contract the way they did.

“The fact is, they sent a contract worse than before and left in the things Deontay wanted changed. They have no desire to fight on April 13 whatsoever and they keep telling the public lies.

Asked whether this could be the final nail in the coffin for Joshua v Wilder, Finkel responded: “I’m just fed up discussing this bull**** with them because it’s one bull**** after another.

“People who want to be his fans – that’s fine, but don’t believe the lies coming from the Joshua side surrounding these negotiations.

“Deontay Wilder wants this fight and it’s not down to anything on his side that’s it’s not happening.
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  Please explain what you mean by, "AJ's team bought Martin's belt off him"
                  Martin wasn't that good and dang sure wasn't worth 10mil. So they greatly overpaid for access to that belt

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Martin wasn't paid 10million to fight AJ. I don't know where that number came from. And he wasn't being called "sorry" or a bum or anything like that at the time. It wasn't Martin's fault that Glazkov popped his knee joint and collapsed without a punch being landed in anger.

Nobody really knew how good Martin was at the time, and AJ was still a novice with just 15 fights.
                    Man Martin suck and u know it

Comment

• Originally posted by Iamsmoke89 View Post
                      Man Martin suck and u know it
                      He's better than Stiverne, and you know it.

How many times has Martin been KO'd by journeymen or 7 fight novices?

Comment

Working...
                      X