No announcement yet.

The Myth of Inequality

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lords View Post
    Who cares, if it wasn't for these individuals working hard labor there would be no company.
    Spoken like a true ignorant, brainwashed gruber.

Why is it the CEOs are entitled to millions in bonuses but these hard labor workers are paid non living wages an hour?
    Simple. Its called the Law of Supply and Demand.

See, you have millions of people who can do manual labor, but only a few who can successfully run a large corporation.

It's actually the same reason that NFL quarterbacks make more than teachers.

You have thousands upon thousands of people qualified to be teachers, but only a few dozen qualified to be starting quarterbacks in the NFL.

When you have a specialized skill, you typically make alot more than those who have little to no specialized skills.

Its basic Economics, really.

It's just sad (assuming you ain't a hs kid, which I'm not certain of) that you were not taught these basics in school.

You are, sadly, a prime example of our failing government-ran education system.

Comment

Who cares, if it wasn't for these individuals working hard labor there would be no company. Why is it the CEOs are entitled to millions in bonuses but these hard labor workers are paid non living wages an hour?
      This is by far... by far... one of the most business ignorant statements I’ve heard in ages. Ages....

Comment

Good god that was so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
          Good god that was so bad.
          Yeah, he's pretty bad.

A real blind superfan.

If there's one guy here who can give my son a run in the stupid department, it's that guy.

But as you see, I'm trying to teach the guy. 'Trying' being the key word here.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Let's skip the passive aggressive behavior and take the gloves off.

A lie?

So white people did not enslave minorities for centuries?

And Americans of color didn't just as recently as 1964 didn't have to fight for their rights?

Yeah, if you lived in any century, 1400s, 1600s, 1900s, whatever, you'd always be okay with the program they had minorities in. This is not a liberal thing, it's a you thing, and your people thing.

You'd probably feel right at home in a Klan meeting, and you probably smile every time you hear another one of your boys shot up some school, church, mall, or any other public places, don't you?
            I knew slavery comes up sooner or later and you know what’s crazy is it was made possible by blacks capturing blacks to sell to whites.Slavery and slave trading had been going on for centuries in Africa you might say blacks are one of the founding fathers of slavery with the level they took it to.Read an interesting report by the University of Ghana that shows in West Africa there is still hard feelings with family members whose ancestors were bought and sold.Their anger and reparations are directed at the people who made it possible and who took their loved ones not the white citizens of the USA .

Comment

the point giver has observed that e-poverty has reared it's hideous head on the boxing scene realms.

the point giver would like to address this inequality with e-points and green!

long live the points! long live the green!

Comment

Who cares, if it wasn't for these individuals working hard labor there would be no company. Why is it the CEOs are entitled to millions in bonuses but these hard labor workers are paid non living wages an hour?
                This is exactly how I felt at the moving company. Why does the owner get the big check and we just get scraps? I mean sure, he bought the truck, and paid the estimator to bid the job, and pays all the bills. But, his punk ass ain't the one out there moving that heavy sh it. He sitting in the office riffing coke getting paid off our sweat.

Of course, now I'm gone and he has someone else carrying that sh it bringing him checks... But yeah, CEOs ain't sheit without the unskilled labor...

Comment

If you think it doesn't exist, you're an idiot. If you think it shouldn't exist, you're either an idiot or a psychopath.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    These jobs should serve as an incentive for people to better themselves. Unless of course you want to work as a Walmart cashier for the next 40 years. These jobs weren't meant to be long term careers. Aside from that, we have all seen what happens when workers demand $15 per hour to do menial jobs...they are either replaced by kiosks, or the company cuts positions and hours back. Corporations are not in business to lose money. They account for every dollar that can be earned, right down to the penny. McDonalds hires accountants to determine how much money they can save over the course of a year by making their burgers an 1/8 of inch shorter in diameter...you think they are just going to give money away? It doesn't work that way.

I would take issue with why housing costs are so damn high. Rents are out of control, and a big part of that in recent years has been caused by AirBnB eating up available apartments in many big cities.
                    omg whats wrong with that ? There's 3 times more money than there was in 1960. Yet these people are worse off. Working a **** job to put food on the table used to be something to be proud of.

If companies could replace them with kiosks they would have already whether they make $15 (which is joke) or $7 (unbelievable) to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                      Yes, I realize the stats are distorted to portray a narrative - I was just playing devil's advocate.

The problem is, most people take these stats at face value without doing any critical thinking. It's dangerous for our social cohesion because the common refrain (to these stats or similar ones) is usually "it's due to systemic racism and white supremacy." When in actuality, there are other reasons why there are disparities between different groups.

Elizabeth Warren commented on the criminal justice system saying “Let’s just start with the hard truth about our criminal justice system. It’s racist … I mean all the way. I mean front to back.”

I wish someone would ask her for specific examples of racism in the criminal justice system.
                      There may be other reasons, there may be many reasons. One of them assuredly is racism. I hope your not suggesting that racism doesn't contribute to a poorer outcome for the people who are victums of it. You can't simply bury your head in the sand and claim racism doesn't exsist or if it does it has no impact on the quality of people's lives.

Comment

Working...
                      X