No announcement yet.

Otta Jones

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Otta Jones

This kid is REALLY good and that was TERRIBLE job of MATCHMAKING!.Jones has got VERY good skills and showed a lot of toughness.A 19yr old had NO buieness in with a kid that good in 1st fight.You never know how a young kid is gonna take his VERY FIRST fight and to put him in with a 3 time nat champ in his country.I know the kid lost his last fight and was off 2 yrs but I know what I saw and that kid was good.Go back and just watch him you would think he was a prospect now he will be thrown to wolves and will have to work other job so we may never hear from him again but the kid has skills.You also cant compare him to Madrimov(who looked great and was matched tough)because he is 24 with 350+ fights who already went thru one fight(also wbss)and has his man strength.Any ways Jones has the skills to pay the bills and we now know hew is mentally strong(he got tired)and also takes a decent shot at least.He was very impressive imo.

Jones more than likely asked to be matched up tough.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      Jones more than likely asked to be matched up tough.
      Well you don't let the 19yr old run show.And I know he passed and will be better for it but still that kid was too good to fight in your debut and 6rds.That kid really was skilled and tough if he had money behind him and someone matching him right he COULD be a contender some day.But now he will get matched tough on short notice ect.

Comment

I wash impressed by Jones. You could see he's a special talent even though it was his first fight.

Comment

Didn’t he win ?

Reading this sob story you would think he lost?

Comment

LOL, went and had a twitter row with Dan Rafael aswell. Kicked in the door of the pro game

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              This kid is REALLY good and that was TERRIBLE job of MATCHMAKING!.Jones has got VERY good skills and showed a lot of toughness.A 19yr old had NO buieness in with a kid that good in 1st fight.You never know how a young kid is gonna take his VERY FIRST fight and to put him in with a 3 time nat champ in his country.

He was a national champ in Georgia FFS. The top Georgian guy at his weight has a record of 47-49, doesn't seem like the deepest talent pool. Thread is from bizzaro world, a prospect makes his debut against a random who has never faced anyone with a winning record before and you're talking like he was thrown in the deep end. Apparently this one fight proves his chin, skill and mental strength are top level, really?

Comment

Apparently they gave Jones a choice of a few fighters, and this is the one he chose.

Who cares? he looked good out there, and it was better for him than a 1st round KO.

I'm just surprised he's choosing to fight at 135 when he was in the Am's at 140. The fact that he weighed in at 132 makes me think that they were seeing how he could possibly look at 130.

let's be honest though, Highlight of the fight was the confused ref shouting "HOW MANY ROUNDS IS THIS FIGHT?? DO THE JUDGES KNOW THIS?!?"
                Last edited by _Rexy_; 03-10-2019, 07:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

He was a national champ in Georgia FFS. The top Georgian guy at his weight has a record of 47-49, doesn't seem like the deepest talent pool. Thread is from bizzaro world, a prospect makes his debut against a random who has never faced anyone with a winning record before and you're talking like he was thrown in the deep end. Apparently this one fight proves his chin, skill and mental strength are top level, really?
                  I'm willing to bet that the golden gloves champ from the state of Georgia beats the national champ of the country Georgia

Comment

Georgian binman are regularly getting iced on the Euro scene. Don't cry about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X