Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury: Luis Ortiz Is 147 Years Old; Wilder Will KO Him Quicker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steeve steel View Post
    Actually, Wilder will get rid of Fury faster next time. Of that, I am sure.
    i think wilder wins the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
      Fury beats a 39-year-old Klitschko and is praised as The Savior of Boxing.

Wilder beats a 39-year-old Ortiz and is called a bum who beats up old men.
      wilders win over
      ortiz was more impressive to me than furys over vlad. AJs victory o er vlad beats wm bother tho. that was fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
        Fury is actually right about Ortiz being old as dirt. The Cubians falsify their birth certificates and take years away from their birth certificates to be able to participate in competition with younger fights so they can have the advantage.

In reality king kong Ortiz is old as dirt and this is something Golden Boy knew when they made him a star then sold his contract to release him.
        You don't know what you are typing. No world class athlete can falsify their birth certificate in Cuba. They are on the scene from a very young age and recorded. They compete against other provinces and the coaches make sure nothing is fishy. specially since 1963 when the hurricane flora devastated the east of Cuba. It took all the civil register. Kids from Oriente started playing and competing against other kids, the problem 16 and 18 years old against 12, 13 and 14 years old kid from the western part of the Island. You can check their age just by following a timeline. Going back to their first International event is a good start.

Comment

I don`t like Wilder but he stopped a top 15 boxer in first round in last fight. And he fights top 5-6 guy next.

Fury fought a bum in last fight so I don`t know what to say. Wake me up when Fury fights anybody good again. i don`t care about this marinating ****.

Comment

Fury and Ortiz both gave Wilder boxing lessons which he appears to have taken on board in the Breazeale fight.

Comment

Ortiz has a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                You don't know what you are typing. No world class athlete can falsify their birth certificate in Cuba. They are on the scene from a very young age and recorded. They compete against other provinces and the coaches make sure nothing is fishy. specially since 1963 when the hurricane flora devastated the east of Cuba. It took all the civil register. Kids from Oriente started playing and competing against other kids, the problem 16 and 18 years old against 12, 13 and 14 years old kid from the western part of the Island. You can check their age just by following a timeline. Going back to their first International event is a good start.

Your joking right? No one can falsify thier birth certificates in Cuba??? You are either being sarcastic or just plan dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                  Your joking right? No one can falsify thier birth certificates in Cuba??? You are either being sarcastic or just plan dumb.
                  Anyone can do it, anywhere. what I can tell you the top athletes in Cuba can't. One of the reason is they been watch from a very early age by the competition. I can attest to that. Before claiming something like that why don't you do a research. Lets pick Ortiz and go back to his early international or National tournaments. Check his age then and do your math. No, I was not sarcastic. Can one slip thru the cracks, of course, but it is not the norm like in Dominican Republic. And even there is getting harder.

Comment

Ortiz's best shot was in the first fight.

In fights like this, the old guy rarely wins a rematch.

I expect this one to be more one-sided with Ortiz getting hurt early and likely hanging on for dear life for multiple rounds until his corner waves the fight off.

Ortiz is skilled, but that won't matter when Wilder is younger, faster and hits a lot harder. Plus he's already beaten him before.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      Anyone can do it, anywhere. what I can tell you the top athletes in Cuba can't. One of the reason is they been watch from a very early age by the competition. I can attest to that. Before claiming something like that why don't you do a research. Lets pick Ortiz and go back to his early international or National tournaments. Check his age then and do your math. No, I was not sarcastic. Can one slip thru the cracks, of course, but it is not the norm like in Dominican Republic. And even there is getting harder.
                      I think some people get Cuba confused with the Dominican Republic where it is very easily to falsify one's age. I'm not saying it couldn't happen in Cuba but it's not as likely.

But frankly the claims that he's significantly older don't make any sense and are easily dismissed.

Ortiz won silver in 2002 in Cuba's Championship for the first time. If his actual birth date is to be believed, he would have been 23 at that time. I find that far more likely than him being 33 at the time (which is what he would have had to be if he is 50 as some claim). I find it FAR more likely of him competing in such competitions his mid-20s than his mid-30s.

However, he is like Tyson Fury in that both are dopers. They should match up in a Battle of the Roids Championship.

Comment

Working...
                      X