No announcement yet.

California votes to grant undocumented immigrants health insurance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
    Legal or not, they will still go to the hospitals when they're sick. From a humane point of view its the right thing to do. The overall problem is that there shouldn't be any illegals to begin with, but since there are, they are still people and are deserving to see a proper physician when sick, its what elevates us above animals.
    Ok, so pay for HC like everyone else? Or go back to your country and get care?

So as a legal citizen if you dont have HC you pay a fine to fund them. Yeah that makes sense. Yeah lets reward people that dont belong here and make it harder for the people that do.

Comment

This is catch 22.

Some legal citizens don't have health insurance and this bill will be paid by the taxes of working US people.

If something it is not done they go anyway to the ER where the bill is even higher and nobody pays for it. Plus you can get a hold on those diseases that they might have and treat them.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
        This is catch 22.

Some legal citizens don't have health insurance and this bill will be paid by the taxes of working US people.

If something it is not done they go anyway to the ER where the bill is even higher and nobody pays for it. Plus you can get a hold on those diseases that they might have and treat them.
        Lets see if HC costs go down after this. Lets see if wait times improve in the ER after this. Lets see if insurance costs go down after this.

I heard all this somewhere before. Yet my insurance has gone up and my deductible has gone up.

Comment

This is nothing more than buying votes from a growing voting demographic. Next time Cali looks for Federal funding for their next disaster or infrastructure, the government should remind them of their fiscal irresponsibility. Then again, they'll just raise gas taxes and make the shrinking middle class pay for it some more.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            This is nothing more than buying votes from a growing voting demographic. Next time Cali looks for Federal funding for their next disaster or infrastructure, the government should remind them of their fiscal irresponsibility. Then again, they'll just raise gas taxes and make the shrinking middle class pay for it some more.
            Trump may well do just that.

Repeatedly taunting a guy and then begging him for money isnt too smart.

And God knows they'll be asking for even more Federal tax dollars any day now.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
              Ok, so pay for HC like everyone else? Or go back to your country and get care?

So as a legal citizen if you dont have HC you pay a fine to fund them. Yeah that makes sense. Yeah lets reward people that dont belong here and make it harder for the people that do.
              Look I completely agree with you, but a legal citizen is going to fund them regardless when they use the hospitals. The bigger problem is them being in there illegally, and if California want's to strain their resources to accommodate these folks under the rest of the states tax dollar then thats on them. They voted for this let them have what they asked for.

Comment

Originally posted by man down View Post
                Lets see if HC costs go down after this. Lets see if wait times improve in the ER after this. Lets see if insurance costs go down after this.

I heard all this somewhere before. Yet my insurance has gone up and my deductible has gone up.
                As you know everything government ran gets abused. So costs will skyrocket alongside with the mis-use of the program.

I don't agree with free HC like that. It is a slap in the face for the people that work and can't afford it but yet there are no programs for them

Comment

Look we could use all the humanitarian goodwill we can get. We still pay for the health care one way or another, at least this lowers the cost of it...and we can track the costs. The trade off here is significant savings and makes us look good as a country. People often act like these types of actions are all about politics they are not...when someone with no insurance goes into a hospital and doesn't have the money to pay for it, the money comes from somewhere...usually you. At least now when they go, we aren't getting milked for $200 aspirins as would normally happen. So if it saves us money do it.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                    Look we could use all the humanitarian goodwill we can get. We still pay for the health care one way or another, at least this lowers the cost of it...and we can track the costs. The trade off here is significant savings and makes us look good as a country. People often act like these types of actions are all about politics they are not...when someone with no insurance goes into a hospital and doesn't have the money to pay for it, the money comes from somewhere...usually you. At least now when they go, we aren't getting milked for $200 aspirins as would normally happen. So if it saves us money do it.
                    We have PROOF that costs went up with Obamacare. Theres no savings to the people that pay. But hey like I said, we'll get more proof of that soon enough. When its free the price goes up.

Comment

California is it the first state. Like 15 other states have done this already. Why the. It deal that Cali has done it.

Comment

Working...
                      X