No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua's Promoter Plans To Make a "New" Offer To Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
    Its irrelevant to ask for a contract concerning 50 Million or a meeting IF the other party REFUSES details of the proposed offer ?
    Curious if you've ever made a deal on anything before, such as a new car or house. Lenders ALWAYS make you agree to basic terms like price and, if you're financing, interest rate. This fight is no different. Wilder's team need not draw up a full contract for anyone if there is no starting point on basic terms, just as a mortgage lender isn't going to take the time to write up a contract if a buyer hasn't agreed to basic terms. Do you think lenders write up full contracts and present them to random people on the street in hopes that they want to buy a house or car? No, they do not. They talk with a buyer whose interested, come up with basic terms such as price, interest rate, have the buyer sign a good-faith agreement on basic terms, THEN they draw up the contract and supporting docs. If the buyer doesn't like some aspect of the contract, he can further negotiate or back out. I've bought two houses and several cars in my life. I don't see what is unreasonable here.

You post quite a lot (mostly pure drivel), so I'm assuming that maybe you don't work and that you have probably never made a major purchase deal. AJ wanted $50 million dollars; that's what he specifically asked for to accept a fight. He was offered that, but his promoter still balked. Why? Because Hearn does not want this fight for his man yet. There is still money to be made from AJ before that wagon tips over. Hearn REGULARLY admits this on his own, IF you listen to what he says.

Wilder's team was ready to negotiate their $50 million offer, not to sit down with Eddie and start over completely from scratch. That is why they wanted a good-faith commitment from Hearn before meeting. They wanted him to accept that they would be talking about that deal, not some other Hearn bull****. That is how this **** works, as BOTH sides have already acknowledged. I am trying to be objective, but the b.s. is getting thick in here. The whole non-British world sees what's up. It's as clear as day which side is avoiding this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      Just saying 'its guaranteed' isn't a guarantee.

Next answer please.
      ACTUALLY...........IT DOES, THATS the definition. Check the EnglishOxnard dictionary.
      see what i did there

Comment

• Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
        ACTUALLY...........IT DOES, THATS the definition. Check the EnglishOxnard dictionary.
        see what i did there

Ok, I guarantee you Anthony Joshua will knock out Deontay Wilder in 3 rounds.

You disagree? BUT I JUST GUARANTEED IT.

Comment

• Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
          Curious if you've ever made a deal on anything before, such as a new car or house. Lenders ALWAYS make you agree to basic terms like price and, if you're financing, interest rate. This fight is no different. Wilder's team need not draw up a full contract for anyone if there is no starting point on basic terms, just as a mortgage lender isn't going to take the time to write up a contract if a buyer hasn't agreed to basic terms. Do you think lenders write up full contracts and present them to random people on the street in hopes that they want to buy a house or car? No, they do not. They talk with a buyer whose interested, come up with basic terms such as price, interest rate, have the buyer sign a good-faith agreement on basic terms, THEN they draw up the contract and supporting docs. If the buyer doesn't like some aspect of the contract, he can further negotiate or back out. I've bought two houses and several cars in my life. I don't see what is unreasonable here.

You post quite a lot (mostly pure drivel), so I'm assuming that maybe you don't work and that you have probably never made a major purchase deal. AJ wanted $50 million dollars; that's what he specifically asked for to accept a fight. He was offered that, but his promoter still balked. Why? Because Hearn does not want this fight for his man yet. There is still money to be made from AJ before that wagon tips over. Hearn REGULARLY admits this on his own, IF you listen to what he says.

Wilder's team was ready to negotiate their $50 million offer, not to sit down with Eddie and start over completely from scratch. That is why they wanted a good-faith commitment from Hearn before meeting. They wanted him to accept that they would be talking about that deal, not some other Hearn bull****. That is how this **** works, as BOTH sides have already acknowledged. I am trying to be objective, but the b.s. is getting thick in here. The whole non-British world sees what's up. It's as clear as day which side is avoiding this fight.
          BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO
          BRAVO TO YOU SIR

oh i forgot they use the metric system, maybe they also do other backwards sh|t,

Comment

• Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
            Ok, I guarantee you Anthony Joshua will knock out Deontay Wilder in 3 rounds.

You disagree? BUT I JUST GUARANTEED IT.
            I DOUBLE DOG, GAURANTEE WILDER WINS BY 1ST ROUND KO

Whew, now that we've got that straight

Comment

Hearn's isn't avoiding the fight. He just doesn't want to relinquish control and bigger profits for him and his UK backers. But now Joshua can demand a bigger guarantee from his manager (against a percentage)

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
                Hearn's isn't avoiding the fight. He just doesn't want to relinquish control and bigger profits for him and his UK backers. But now Joshua can demand a bigger guarantee from his manager (against a percentage)
                I agree with you that Hearn is concerned with losing control of the promotion. I've said as much elsewhere, but I do also strongly believe that he wants to delay this fight as long as possible. He has stated repeatedly that AJ can make plenty of money fighting lesser fighters for just as much money in the UK.

Comment

• Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                  BRAVO, BRAVO, BRAVO
                  BRAVO TO YOU SIR

oh i forgot they use the metric system, maybe they also do other backwards sh|t,
                  Thanks, though not sure I agree with the metric system comment.

Comment

I've bought two houses and several cars in my life. I don't see what is unreasonable here.
                    The problem with analogies is that they are just that, they can sometimes add value to a discussion but if they fail to properly represent the subject at hand they rapidly detract from it.

This is not a house purchase. It's not a purchase of any kind, unless you want to argue that the promoter purchases Joshua's signature to make the fight.

In reality it's more akin to a loan. AJ is loaning his star power, his capacity to attract revenue, to Wilder's team who will then use that status, combined with their own asset, to make the fight.

The problem then is that when you loan something to someone you don't just agree a price. You agree conditions as to how that asset will be used. You agree safeguards, insurance etc. You do that due diligence to ensure that the person entrusted with your asset takes care with it.

Here's another analogy for you. You bought a lovely house by a beach for $2m. You're very happy there. I knock on the door and tell you I want to rent it for the summer. I'll pay you $100k.
                    That's a good price and could come in very handy for you, but then I say:

You don't get to know what I'm going to do with it. You don't get to stop me using it to film a **** movie and in the process alienate your neighbours. I may want to use it to store heroin, or to traffic sex workers. Or maybe I just want a house to party in over the summer. Maybe causing more than $10k damage?

Whatever, it's none of your business what I do. You don't get to ask and I won't talk to you till you agree the price. For you to want to discuss it or know more is completely unreasonable.

Sound reasonable to you?

Comment

• WHY DO THEY NOT WANT HEARN TO SEE THE OFFER BEFORE SAYING YES?.....The answer to this question....is simply to shut hearn up in a box...lmao...go sit your azz in a corner some where well handle all this....since you say the fight ain't worth 100mil...take this $50mil and watch what we do....hearns dumb azz realizes how much could be made off this now ..thus the new offer comming so he can maintain and call all the shots....fans in the usa are not always so quick to sign up to a ppv now due to the lame bull**** some past ppv's bought us....but best believe if this fight is in the usa we will show big time for this and it will do better than ggg canelo numbers

Comment

Working...
                      X