Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has there ever been a fighter in his 40's as fit as Wlad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopkins, Floyd, Marquez, Wlad.....all were probably on PED's of some sort, sadly.

Comment

Yes.

His name is luis ortiz

At the spy age of 45 he was on the level of a top 5 ATG. One of the greatest to ever lace up a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Kinda blows my mind that this guy was in the shape he was at his age. ESPECIALLY considering he's in the fat man's division. He was as fit as the 20-something year old he fought in his last fight.
        I'm getting toward that age so it's inspiring to see that you don't have to turn into a lump of shyt.
        Who else has stayed fit into their 40's?

It's not so difficult. They need to work out (which is enjoyable as you know) and supplements also help. Healthy food which he has a lot.

You can be fit until the day you die... there are 70 years old bodybuilders (naturals and enhanced too).

Comment

B-Hop was still winning titles in his 40s.

Comment

Def Hopkins came to mine. The work he put in going into the Tarver fight seemed to re-make himself. Basically started a whole new phase to his career after that point

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Mexican meat.

I have no problem staying lean. I'm blessed in that regard, genetically, and know how to eat right. Adding muscle while keeping lean is a bytch though. Wlad is a giant and it's ridiculous how he's got that much muscle and such low bodyfat. I'm sure there's some chemical considerations at play to but PEDs don't work miracles. You've got to get most of the way there on your own. I'm tall and it's like I have to choose between either being muscular or being shredded.

I agree about grappling. Most exhausting things I've ever done are judo and BJJ. I've seen so many ripped guys think they're going to muscle their way through it and end up gassing in 2 min. It's a different kind of cardio for sure.

Right now, I have a mini boxing gym in my garage and I do high rep weights and bodyweight exercises on alternate days. I'm definitely more fit that anyone I personally know. But, keeping motivated is always a struggle.
              What do you have in your mini gym? Most of times cats put an heavy bag and a speed bag.

The last gym I went they had a double end bag that sht his really good for accuracy and keeping your head moving.

Look up to this, I just discovered on YT the sparbar, that's sht looks crazy and crafty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jG5xGD6U8

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                What do you have in your mini gym? Most of times cats put an heavy bag and a speed bag.

The last gym I went they had a double end bag that sht his really good for accuracy and keeping your head moving.

Look up to this, I just discovered on YT the sparbar, that's sht looks crazy and crafty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6jG5xGD6U8
                Had a heavy bag and a large aqua bag but the aqua bag is so nice I recently dumped the heavy bag. Speed bag. Double-end (which I think is so underrated). Various other stuff, incl a 45lb duffle bag/sandbag. Amazing workout because of how awkward it is to control.
                I'll have to check out that sparbar. Thx.

Comment

Well PED claims aside (and I am of the camp that ALL elite boxers if not outright injecting test, walk a thin line in that regard and are definitely pushing the limits of what is allowed, look at Floyd with his IVs lol).

Wlad has not done roadwork in years he says, he swims daily and that is huge.

I'm not a big swimmer, but my mom and dad swim like fish, every year they go for two weeks to a Cuban resort and swim in the ocean ~3 hours a day. They are 60 and the body transformation before and after the two weeks is noticeable even at their age.

But Wlad is all about the healthy lifestyle, I believe he drinks very little, works out daily and got nutritionists cooking his meals...

Comment

Working...
                  X