Clear All

• NSB PICK 'EM 2019 #87 AND #88. 14th DECEMBER 2019

Saturday 14th DECEMBER 2019

New York, NY, USA (UTC-5)

Terrence Crawford vs Egidijus Kavaliauskas

and

Richard Commey vs Teofimo Lopez

BETTING ODDS:

Crawford: -1600 Kavaliauskas +800 (x3 on Egidijus)
    Commey: +150 Lopez: -200

Ways fighters can win:
    Decision: WIDE or CLOSE
    KO: EARLY (1-4), MID (5-8) or LATE (9-12)

Examples of the ways you can state your decision:

PICK EM CREW, Mean Machine KO, mid x3
    PICK EM CREW, Commey, DEC, CLOSE x2
    If no multiplier is specified in your pick (ie x2, x3) then it will be assumed that no multiplier is being used (x1)
    If you wish to pick a Draw result, simply state your Username, both fighter names and DRAW, ie:

PICK EM CREW, Commey Lopez, DRAW
    IMPORTANT NOTE: NONE OF THE WBSS FIGHTS CAN BE SCORED A DRAW - ONE FIGHTER WILL ALWAYS BE DECLARED A WINNER. ANY UNCORRECTED DRAW PICKS ON THE WBSS WILL BE WASTED.

NOTES:
    -Picking the correct winner earns 20 pts
    -Picking the correct method earns 10 pts
    -Picking the correct detail is worth 10 pts
    -Draws are worth 120 pts. A perfect pick without a multiplier is 40pts.

-CLOSE is <12 pts difference, or anything closer than 116-112 on all three scorecards. WIDE is >=12 pts difference, or anything equivalent to 116-112 on all three cards or wider.

-If you'd like to change your pick before the fight starts, post in this thread to do so. Ideally tag me so that I don't miss it.

-2X doubles your points and 3X triples your points. Everyone starts with 5 doubles and 3 triples to use throughout the year. If you forget how many you have left, check the leaderboard in the master thread.

Sticky me please and it'd be appreciated if you could also remove any old pick 'em threads still stickied.

-MEGA-, BostonGuy, TBear, jaded, LoadedWraps, bigjavi973

RJJ-94-02=GOAT,

Crawford TKO Late x3

Lopez Dec Close x2

Comment

Okay gentlemen, we're well into the final stretch and have another pair of fun fights lined up for this weekend. Bud vs Egidijus is looking very like a considerable mismatch, despite the Lithuanian's top 10 ranking with the TBRB. Egidijus looked every inch the KO machine he's being sold as until a coupla of franklly piss poor performances against Abrehu and Robinson within the last 18 months, which have to raise some questions. Nonetheless Kavaliauskas does have fight ending power, so it's not entirely out of the question he could land something that might at least cause Bud to show a little caution.

Much more intriguing for most of us will be Commey vs Lopez and the brash young Brooklynites first real test on the world stage. Commey might not be elite himself but he's a world level veteran, and a genuine threat to anyone short of an elite... should Teofimo find a way past him he will have proved himself ready for anyone in or around his weight.

I elected to pass on Fedor Chudinov vs N'Dam despite personal preference cos although they're both fighters I like a great deal there's no title on the line and neither can really be considered top guys at SMW at this point. I'll be finding a way to watch it though.

Also whilst I got your attention I'm looking for input on how interested folk would be in seeing a Pick Em for Zerafa - Horn II. It's a midweek fight on Aussie time so likely many of us won't even be able to watch it, and neither are top 10 per TBRB even if Boxrec bizarrely likes 'em both (that Pacquiao 'win' still throwing the algorithms out of wack I think), nonetheless it's still considered a fairly even fight and I reckon should be non-stop explosive action. Fun it will be, but I'll leave it down to you how worthy it would be as a Pick Em.

regards and good luck

K
      Last edited by PICK EM CREW; 12-10-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

HBx3

Crawford, KO, MID
        Commey, DEC, CLOSE

Comment

Redd Foxx, Crawford, KO, Mid, 2x
          Redd Foxx, Lopez, Dec, Close

Comment

SUBZER0ED,

Crawford, Dec, wide

Commey, KO, mid

Comment

SceneBoxer:
              Crawford, Dec, Wide
              Commey, Lopez, Draw

Comment

Crawford Dec. Wide
                Lopez Dec. Close

Comment

BLASTER1
                  BUD k /o MID
                  COMMEY DEC /CLOSE
                  Last edited by BLASTER1; 12-11-2019, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Mooshashi

Kavaliauskas KO late (a shocker!)
                    Lopex UD

Comment

Working...
                    X