Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dana White: "Every time boxing puts on an event it's a going out of business sale"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    There is an argument for an apples & oranges comparison. I'd still suggest there are big & lil warlords in boxing with en****** like HBO, Showtime, PBC, SKY, GBP, TR & other major networks & promotions that can't or won't make competitive events that appeal to boxing fans on the regular.

About the only thing close to making appealing events in boxing on the regular is Eddie Hearn & Matchroom. Everyone else is aiming towards cashing out with this event or that contender or champion. Thats not how you go about making your sport bigger & better.
    True.

Eddie Hearn also has said multiple times that he got a lot of inspiration from UFC.

The UFC events, promotion, fights everything simply craps all over anything boxing produces.

Comment

Comment

Boxing has usually one interesting fight per card..

MMA has 3-5 at least + prelims and far less gimme fights then boxing.. If the main fight in boxing sucks (floyd/pac) it does leave a bad taste

If the Main event in UFC sucks you probably still had 2 or 3 good and relevant fights underneath it.

Too much greed and protecting fighters in boxing.. look at that ***** Ward and his diva behaviour now after getting a gift.

Comment

lets forget that ufc is one big promo company, boxing has a lot of different promotions so it cant throw events with every fighter on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            Dana speaks some hard truth, start at 1:08

No doubt about it. We all love boxing, but I've continuously watched it hurt itself over and over. The May-Pac was a terrible blow. They made money, sure, but look at the fan reaction which was terrible. Yet, boxing didn't even seem to care. He's right. Just like a going out of business sale.

Comment

The day of May Pac, so many ppl were pumped for the fight. Old fans came back. New fans came in. Us diehards were hyped to the moon. And we just got a big fat piece of **** fight. Old boxing fans walked out like idk why I even bother messing with this boxing **** again.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x.. View Post

They wore them at black tie events.

Not with a pair of jordans

Comment

Agree he is 100% right and I've posted that on this forum as well. THE GREED if what killed this sport here in the States and I don't see it getting any better and as predicted EVERY BOXING PPV this year FLOPPED HARD!

Boxing needs to rebuild

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                    boxing has a lot of different promotions so it cant throw events with every fighter on the card.
                    I don't necessarily expect HBO, Showtime/PBC, or TR to put all their name guys on every card. I do expect competitive fights & fun fights & things that appeal to me as a boxing fan. And I think most boxing fans & sports fans in general just want something as simple as that. Boxing doesn't even perform that these days (except for Hearn/Matchroom as previously noted) on any sort of respectable basis.

Comment

Working...
                    X