Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video: Froch opponent accuses him of match fixing, with referee in on the fix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Froch opponent accuses him of match fixing, with referee in on the fix

Quite an interesting video, though lengthy if you haven't got patience.

Howard Foster is accused of a "fix" stoppage in the fifth round for ££££.

I've watched the clip involved, which comes after Froch scored a heavy knockdown in the third round and was dominant in the fourth (so the comments tell me, I saw the fight but don't recall it) and, while undoubtedly early, I didn't think it was THAT bad. Howard Foster gets criticised for some of his stoppages, but you have to remember he saved Peter Manfredo Jr.'s life.

Anyway, see what you think:

ShoulderRoll

this is boxing of course you are going to look to make extra money when you can. watch carl froch vs dale westerman. froch stands there for the first 5 rounds doing nothing and loses them all. then he comes back and starts trying and wins easily. that was probably an over/under play

Comment

Froch has openly admitted to carrying opponents so his friends/family can win money.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-win-bets.html

Comment

who cares, as long as the victory isnt corrupted I can care less a boxer carry a fighter to stop em in a certain round for that $$$$$$$

Hell mawyeather said he was doing that to conor and acturally tried to pull it off but conor was a lil tougher than mayweather thought./

Comment

Ooooooooooh Danny Danny!! Danny Danny Danny Danny Williams!!

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Froch has openly admitted to carrying opponents so his friends/family can win money.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ot...-win-bets.html
            As did David Haye. Haye actually admitted it in the middle of the ring, after the Audley fiasco.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
              I can care less
              Just to clarify, Fat Yank, you mean you CARE, right?

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                Just to clarify, Fat Yank, you mean you CARE, right?
                yes, but I can care less if I was a SAVAGE!

PS: fat yank must be talking about them MAGA boys in the lounge homie not me.

Comment

Is that actually match fixing though? There's no certainty that the fighter can actually do it. If they predict a win and tell people to bet and win is that match fixing too?

Comment

Hardly surprising.

i'm certain that Haye knocked out Audley Harrison in the 3rd by choice. He even basically said he told his friends to bet on the third. He didn't throw a single shot for two rounds and then just unloaded on him and finished him.

Comment

Working...
                    X