Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you see a boxers value determined?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you see a boxers value determined?

Obviously any fighter should get the max they can get in this dangerous sport & obviously a promoter/network is going to lean towards paying them as lil as they can while making them feel they are getting a fair enough value to sign with them.

But if you were to come up with a formula, on average, on what a fighters true value should be using their popularity among hardcore fans, popularity among casual fans, gate revenue, TV ratings, entertainment value out of the ring, entertainment value in the ring, weight division, depth of division, long term potential or any other factors you think are important what would it look like in order of importance or in any other way you wish to describe/list it.

audience pulling power.

Comment

Btw this thread is a solid B+

Comment

Gaining a large audience having a style people want to see either a co artist or throws alot and non stop pressure if a defensive fighter they have to have a persona where they're semi hated and people want to see them beat like Mayweather McGregor the biggest fighters of the era. Also speak English that's even if broken English like khabib pacquiao and GGG that's why canelo isn't as big of a star as he could he could be 3x bigger boxer/ 3x bigger checks if chose to speak some English

Comment

Whoever has the biggest dong. But it can't just be too long or thick but a nice combination.

Comment

Originally posted by R.KHLMS4LIFE View Post
            Gaining a large audience having a style people want to see either a co artist or throws alot and non stop pressure if a defensive fighter they have to have a persona where they're semi hated and people want to see them beat like Mayweather McGregor the biggest fighters of the era. Also speak English that's even if broken English like khabib pacquiao and GGG that's why canelo isn't as big of a star as he could he could be 3x bigger boxer/ 3x bigger checks if chose to speak some English
            Definitely agree thats in play & limits ones value if they don't speak English. People act like thats some racist sh^t or something sometimes, but to me its simply about broadening your audience cuz by in large few wanna read subtitles & I can't imagine any loves the interpreter back n forth.

I also believe the more languages you speak the more upside you could find if you live in a region where there are more than one language or you are being sold in multiple regions. The Klitschko's are a good example of that. Granted the Klitschko's never got as big in the US as they got in Germany, but them speaking 7 different languages or w/e gave them ability to gain value in multiple markets including the US.

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
            Whoever has the biggest dong. But it can't just be too long or thick but a nice combination.
            I knew I forgot an option.

Comment

Working...
            X