No announcement yet.

Next Amateur Fight - Jan 22nd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
    Pick one and stay with it. You can't be a part-time boxer.
    Honestly love the boxing the most, but the lack of fights has me looking in other avenues to get more experience.

I wrestled many years ago and did (and still do a bit of) BJJ. Just picked up Muay thai a couple months ago (mainly just to fight in this tournament down in Iowa in June that guys from my gym fought in last year).

Boxing is definitely the main thing I train.

Comment

Originally posted by tcbender View Post
      Honestly love the boxing the most, but the lack of fights has me looking in other avenues to get more experience.
      I don't know man. Sit down with your head coach and have a serious conversation with him.

I'm telling you now, and not saying your coach is a bad coach, but some coaches simply can not get their fighters past regionals. That's just how it goes sometimes.

He literally might not want to drive 2+ hours on the weekend for a fight for you. Have a chat with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
        I don't know man. Sit down with your head coach and have a serious conversation with him.

I'm telling you now, and not saying your coach is a bad coach, but some coaches simply can not get their fighters past regionals. That's just how it goes sometimes.

He literally might not want to drive 2+ hours on the weekend for a fight for you. Have a chat with him.
        We have talked about taking some longer trips if need be (and prob will need to), just haven't gotten to that point yet. Plus for my first one, wanted it to be one of the ones nearby. 3rd times the charm right lol

Comment

Looks like I got matched up for my next amateur fight (will be my first USA boxing amateur since my last fight my opponent didn't show). Just waiting on official confirmation that they accepted as well.

I'm in week 6 of my camp and am just about to begin my taper.
          Good luck with the fight man! Cool to see someone on these boards in the fight game.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
            Good luck with the fight man! Cool to see someone on these boards in the fight game.
            Aye thanks man! Feeling good. One more hard run tomorrow and the rest is cake til the fight.

Looks like my girlfriend will be able to attend (in my corner), so I'll get her to record for sure!

Comment

Only a few days away

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                Only a few days away
                Hell yeah man! 5 days out.

Comment

Hell yeah man! 5 days out.
                  Best of luck man - looking forward to seeing the video once the fight is done and dusted. You always learn from studying other fighters. Congrats on the tough as nails training schedule and keep us posted!

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                    Best of luck man - looking forward to seeing the video once the fight is done and dusted. You always learn from studying other fighters. Congrats on the tough as nails training schedule and keep us posted!
                    Thanks man! Only a couple days left.

Feeling pretty good, staying loose, weights on point. Ready to get this show on the road.

Comment

id move to las vegas, and if the gf has strife, leave her. upper chakra will make you a top contender, anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X