No announcement yet.

Whyte vs Parker PPV numbers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not surprised this show sold well.

Two top class HW match-ups, plus another fan favourite HW, Dave Allen, going up against an undefeated "prospect" in Nick Webb, and the Connor Benn/Peynaud rematch.

Comment

Good for him/them.

Comment

Originally posted by Accolade View Post
        The UK must be completely bereft of quality sports or full of stupid, yet supportive idiots. Perhaps both.
        There are lot of idiots from the UK but seriously when it comes to dumb it is america you have buying into ppv shi* for years. In England most be people watch for free

Comment

I kind of agree with what has been said on this post. Unfortunately, the biggest events are being driven by the amount of money that can be made. The three main fighters are all vying for the belts and to fight the best but if it also makes them millions of pounds/dollars then that is surely just a bonus of being a professional fighter? No.

Obviously as a fan, you would hope that all of the best heavyweights are driven by the glory of being the best and beating the best but so much emphasis is put on the back story of the figher (Dillian Whyte coming from a bit of broken home where he had no money) and getting the best venue, getting and selling it on PPV, pre fight conferences etc...you can't get away from the fact that money never sleeps and it creates opportunities.

It would be naïve to think that a bumper pay day doesn't have a factor in creating fights.

Comment

still meaningless.

Comment

I don't believe that figure.

Comment

Very impressive and very good for HW boxing as a whole!

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                  I don't believe that figure.
                  What possible reason do you think Sky has for faking the numbers?

Comment

I would think about it but I'm not a cheerleading fanboy that comes online to brag about money that isn't mine like a woman

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      I would think about it but I'm not a cheerleading fanboy that comes online to brag about money that isn't mine like a woman
                      If you weren't a cheerleading fanboy of some kind why take the time to make a post about cheerleading on a subject you dont care about?

Its not about someones money either its gauging how an event is doing ,its called supporting boxing ,its probably a difficult concept for many on here !

Comment

Working...
                      X