Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should boxing implement a 13th round if and only if after 12 rounds fight is a draw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
    Well the fighters would agree to a chance of 13 rounds if it did end in a draw and they would say "yes, i'm completely fine with that because i would hate for my fight to end in a draw."

Also with 15 rounds in the past vs 12 rounds,

A 15 round fight means if its 8 rounds to 7, the losing fighter would need a KD to avoid a loss.

A 12 round fight means if it a draw (6 to 6) then a knockdown decides the fight.

It's preference and just an idea. I wasn't suggesting it to be sadistic and enjoy watching fighters brutalize themselves, just a thought to minimize the occurrences of draws.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      if I have to tell you than you are ignorant as to what you watch. Simply clueless.
      hey man just because you fought 3 or 4 six round bouts behind a Wendy's in Reno doesn't mean you have to be so mad about a simple hypothetical a dude poses in an internet boxing forum

Comment

Would you oppose making championship fights into 13 round contests?

Comment

By the way I thought you were supposed to be gone for good after your last b-scene meltdown? What gives bro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            hey man just because you fought 3 or 4 six round bouts behind a Wendy's in Reno doesn't mean you have to be so mad about a simple hypothetical a dude poses in an internet boxing forum

and you've fought... what .... zero rounds. yeah, **** you and your ignorance of the sport.

I fought in stadiums, on tv for a world class stable. Not much but still more than you
            Last edited by Rockin'; 04-13-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Would you oppose making championship fights into 13 round contests?
              every doctor and commission involved in the sport would oppose simply for the safety of the fighters.

why not 11? hell, why not 17 or 19? see who really wants it, ah?
              Last edited by Rockin'; 04-13-2015, 12:29 AM.

Comment

I don't picture it like that. I picture the ring still the ref and fighters and the trainers in their respective corners. No intruding in the ring until after the maximum of a minute to tally the scores.

It's an odd concept and I agree with the whole mindset of thinking "12 rounds, I won this. No way it's a draw" part so it would be iffy setting this thing up.

Maybe just move championship fights to 13 rounds?
                You could still have draws in 13 rounders with knockdowns.
                draws are something we are never gonna eliminate from the sport.
                I'd favor 13 rounds over 12 making draws less likely, however.
                A championship fight used to be 15 rounds.. then they went to 12. they would have kept it at an odd number and there would be less.

I think boxing rounds are more about a fighters health then the scoring system.
                So many fighters in the past died after the 12th back in the days. Guys still die now, but it's not as common as before.

Comment

and you've fought... what .... zero rounds. yeah, **** you and your ignorance of the sport.
                  yeah I ain't gonna front, I've been trying to hold onto my zero until the right fight comes along

you on the other hand finished your career 0-4 and were KO'd by parking enforcement cops and burger king drive-thru attendants

Comment

every doctor and commission involved in the sport would.

why not 11? ****, why not 17 or 19? see who really wants it, ah?
                    well 11 rounds is only 1 more than non-title fights and we already have fighters doing 12 rounds for non-title bouts on occasion.

i wouldn't suggest anything past 13 because we've already toned it down from 15.

11 or 13 make sense because they would bring a drop in fights that end in a draw hence the odd numbered rounds. although a draw can still happen due to KDs, there wouldn't be a draw due to even scoring without KDs.
                    Last edited by SlySlickSmooth; 04-13-2015, 12:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      yeah I ain't gonna front, I've been trying to hold onto my zero until the right fight comes along

you on the other hand finished your career 0-4 and were KO'd by parking enforcement cops and burger king drive-thru attendants
                      mike your lies are sooooooo tiresome and childish.

Comment

Working...
                      X