"20b Contest", - Jack Johnson, fights, Muhammad ALI

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "20b Contest", - Jack Johnson, fights, Muhammad ALI

"20billion contest".
    Who wins this fight over TWENTY ROUNDS, JACK JOHNSON Vs MUHAMMAD ALI.
    I know most people may think that Muhammad Ali would win fairly Comfortably against Johnson, and for years I never gave Jack a chance.
    ....But I ain't very sure about that now, My GUT INSTINCT says that JACK would maybe be a VERY hard fight for ALI, For one thing Johnson was a pretty BIG fighter, his ablity too tie up attacks with great ease, His total CONFIDENCE is at least Ali's equal. AND JOHNSON IS SCARY,.... seriously scary, the sort of scary that isn't as apparent, until said opponent actually stands face to face with........... Johnson has combinations, great balance and foot and hand speed,.( I don't claim he's as fast as Ali ),.......... Jack was SERIOUSLY HARD, his uppercuts are just on another level, I've seen Jack hit an opponent with 6 or more uppercuts in a very short space of time.... I have no need to explain Muhammad Ali's assets to any of you,,... to do so would insult your intelligence,,,,,,,, needless to say,.. I'm an ALI fan, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN..... But I DO NOT think he can walk through Jack JOHNSON............ I'm very sure that ALI will have to go the whole 20 !!!!.......... I don't think it's fair to Johnson to make this fight any less than a 20 rounder, I think he suffered enough from unfair treatment,...... so this is a twenty rounder..... please take the distance into your considerations.......
    Thank you,..... A McGoorty Thread.
    JOHNSON By Decision.
    12.50%
    JOHNSON By KO or TKO
    0.00%
    ALI By Decision
    62.50%
    ALI By KO or TKO
    25.00%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by McGoorty View Post
    "20billion contest".
    Who wins this fight over TWENTY ROUNDS, JACK JOHNSON Vs MUHAMMAD ALI.
    I know most people may think that Muhammad Ali would win fairly Comfortably against Johnson, and for years I never gave Jack a chance.
    ....But I ain't very sure about that now, My GUT INSTINCT says that JACK would maybe be a VERY hard fight for ALI, For one thing Johnson was a pretty BIG fighter, his ablity too tie up attacks with great ease, His total CONFIDENCE is at least Ali's equal. AND JOHNSON IS SCARY,.... seriously scary, the sort of scary that isn't as apparent, until said opponent actually stands face to face with........... Johnson has combinations, great balance and foot and hand speed,.( I don't claim he's as fast as Ali ),.......... Jack was SERIOUSLY HARD, his uppercuts are just on another level, I've seen Jack hit an opponent with 6 or more uppercuts in a very short space of time.... I have no need to explain Muhammad Ali's assets to any of you,,... to do so would insult your intelligence,,,,,,,, needless to say,.. I'm an ALI fan, ALWAYS HAVE BEEN..... But I DO NOT think he can walk through Jack JOHNSON............ I'm very sure that ALI will have to go the whole 20 !!!!.......... I don't think it's fair to Johnson to make this fight any less than a 20 rounder, I think he suffered enough from unfair treatment,...... so this is a twenty rounder..... please take the distance into your considerations.......
    Thank you,..... A McGoorty Thread.
    A very tough tough fight for Ali, in a techical match up Johnson is Alis worst nightmare, he's a master of blocking jabs which destroys his rythmn, hes fast and would fight in a defensive manner meaning Ali would have to go to him forcing Ali to fight the aggressor would mean taking him out of his element, Ali did not go to the body further compounding the problem, in a series I see Ali in his prime winning 2 out of 3 fights in very close bouts. BTW don't you think its unfair to make the fights 20 rounds, something that Johnson would be used to but Ali wouldn't? 15 rounds is where this fantasy fight should be at in my opinion.

Comment

Very Smart Analysis

Originally posted by kendom View Post
      A very tough tough fight for Ali, in a techical match up Johnson is Alis worst nightmare, he's a master of blocking jabs which destroys his rythmn, hes fast and would fight in a defensive manner meaning Ali would have to go to him forcing Ali to fight the aggressor would mean taking him out of his element, Ali did not go to the body further compounding the problem, in a series I see Ali in his prime winning 2 out of 3 fights in very close bouts. BTW don't you think its unfair to make the fights 20 rounds, something that Johnson would be used to but Ali wouldn't? 15 rounds is where this fantasy fight should be at in my opinion.
      First of all, I think that's a well thought out reply, I agree that Jack matchups well, he is fast, but Ali is faster and would jump out to an early lead. However Johnson won't be hurt and he seemed almost cut-proof, and over 26 and more rounds something that he was used to. I feel that Ali meets Jack in the middle and 20 round fights were normal fare for 30 years. ---- Anybody is welcome to say how they go at 15 and even 12 but the poll needed to be specific,....... I just ask that posters give their opinion to do a 20 rounder first......... Or since a trilogy is very much required,..... Do a 12rd, 15 and 20 round fight,..... I think you'd agree then that the best fighter will be beyond doubt with a final bout of 20 rounds,.......... If anybody is creative enough to write a post about these fights as if you were a newspaper boxing reporter trying to make a name for himself by making the fight seem as real and as exiting as can be, you are VERY WELCOME To Do so,....... Hey you guys,. don't steal that idea for a 20billion thread of your own,....... JAB will be watching, so DON'T STEAL IT,......... Many, many.lol's to that.
      Last edited by McGoorty; 08-18-2011, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Ali easy decision, especially with Johnsons average workrate I feel Ali is able to last the 20 rounds. Johnsons style depended a lot on his size and strength, fighting out of a clinch and leaning on his opponent to sap them as he was a giant in his era. He would not have this advantage against Mr. Ali putting his whole style in disarray. The fact that Johnson never really faced any decent combination hitters and his defence was focussed primarily on blocking single punches effectively means Ali's lightning combos would be hell for Johnson, who either loses by decision or quits on his stool.
        Last edited by Barn; 08-22-2011, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
          Ali easy decision, especially with Johnsons average workrate I feel Ali is able to last the 10 rounds. Johnsons style depended a lot on his size and strength, fighting out of a clinch and leaning on his opponent to sap them as he was a giant in his era. He would not have this advantage against Mr. Ali putting his whole style in disarray. The fact that Johnson never really faced any decent combination hitters and his defence was focussed primarily on blocking single punches effectively means Ali's lightning combos would be hell for Johnson, who either loses by decision or quits on his stool.
          Its not an easy win, Ali had trouble with fighters when he had to fight the aggressor, Johnson was a cagey fighter and could block jabs and exploit Alis flaws better than any other heavyweight, he faced a variety of styles like the slick Ed Martin, who by the way could only dream of the day he would be as good as Ali, but was renowned for the best footwork of his day

Comment

I can't see Johnson beating Ali. The smaller Johnson would be giving up speed and skills and his advantage in power would be useless, this is Ali we're talking about.

Comment

Working...
            X